OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Primos Rocker Vest

Started by JHoyle, March 02, 2017, 08:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JHoyle

I spoke with them about reinforcing the pressure points with cordura or something and they were willing to listen. Maybe they will fix the issue. I really want to love the vest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TauntoHawk

Yeah I have a feeling that they will tweak the vest by next season...
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tha bugman

I cannot find a vendor that currently carrying the rocker or the gen 2 in M/L

vt35mag

Quote from: tha bugman on April 28, 2017, 12:59:53 PM
I cannot find a vendor that currently carrying the rocker or the gen 2 in M/L

Try eders.com

I've bought quite a bit from them and have had nothing but good experiences.

grayfox

I know this thread is getting old but just wanted to let everyone know I got my replacement Primos Rocker Vest today. Took about a month. Just for those concerned about the weight of this vest I weighed it & it was about 5 lbs. empty. For comparison my Cabela's Tactical Tater weighes 3 & 3/4 lbs. empty. So the Rocker vest is about 1.25 lbs heavier than the Cabela's. Just wondering has anybody else got theirs back yet.

JHoyle

They make any reinforcement changes. I spoke with them about it

grayfox

Quote from: JHoyle on May 24, 2017, 08:40:29 PM
They make any reinforcement changes. I spoke with them about it

JHoyle I didn't notice any but I really was checking to make sure the size & camo color was the same as the one I had.

TauntoHawk

Mine is coming apart at the stress points for the metal rods at the corners after 14 days of use. Will be contacting primos and having it reinforced before it's ever worn now that season is over. I will say concept wise it's the best vest I've ever laid hands on they just need better thread on those corners

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

crenshawco

I just got back from WY and SD. I've hunted about 20 days this year, and my vest is all but inoperable at this point. I don't really know what else to say other than it's just a cheap, poorly made vest. The design is great, but the quality is pathetic. 3 of 4 corners of the seat have punched through. The main front left pouch tore off of the shoulder strap, and the right isn't far behind. Ill be returning mine as well, and there's no way I'd recommend the vest

JHoyle

Agreed. Love the layout. Just don't hold up.

TauntoHawk

Love to see a fixed version 2.0

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

grayfox

Yea it's a shame that they're not holding up. I too really like the layout & being able to sit most anywhere without trying to find a tree to sit by. I've got my doubts that the new one I got today will make it through next season. Hopefully they will try to rebuild it so it will be more durable. Lots of people like this vest & I think it's worth the effort to make it better. The more vests I try the more I appreciate the Cabela's Tactical Tater which has served me so well over the years.

tha bugman

Sounds like the same problems that have plagued the self supporting vests of the past

tha bugman

Quote from: grayfox on May 24, 2017, 08:35:23 PM
I know this thread is getting old but just wanted to let everyone know I got my replacement Primos Rocker Vest today. Took about a month. Just for those concerned about the weight of this vest I weighed it & it was about 5 lbs. empty. For comparison my Cabela's Tactical Tater weighes 3 & 3/4 lbs. empty. So the Rocker vest is about 1.25 lbs heavier than the Cabela's. Just wondering has anybody else got theirs back yet.
does the tactical tater have a self supporting seat?  I have never seen one in person that I know of

TauntoHawk

Quote from: tha bugman on May 25, 2017, 09:49:31 AM
Quote from: grayfox on May 24, 2017, 08:35:23 PM
does the tactical tater have a self supporting seat?  I have never seen one in person that I know of

They have a kickstand version with a tubed metal frame but doesn't touch the concept of this seat IMO for comfort/ease of use/rapid deploy its also heavier and more combersome. I hated the cabelas kickstand vest love this one just doesn't hold up. I plan to have primos replace it and have someone skilled with a needle reinforce all the stress points. the thread seems thin and cheap they reinforced the corners but used thread that gives out must have not tested it much because there's no way they hunted the vest a season and didn't realize these problems.