OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Primos Rocker Vest

Started by JHoyle, March 02, 2017, 08:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

Having had two Bucklick Creek vests, that thin seat is more comfortable than you would think.  I can sit as long is that as I can my Tactical Tater kickstand vest.  The TT seat gets hard after a time and begins to hurt my bottom.
The BC is definitely faster, more portable and easier to use.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

TauntoHawk

Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 05, 2017, 09:38:42 PM
Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 04, 2017, 04:08:04 PM
Just watched the video of this vest and like it a little more the seat still looks thin as paper though then I'm carrying an extra cushion or having a sore but in 17min of sitting. Would love to hear more from users on how comfortable the seat is

I like 2 box call pockets

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Where did you find the video??
Youtube

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

codym

Quote from: JHoyle on March 05, 2017, 07:34:57 PM
I've sat in both in the last few days and I chose the rocker over the alps. Couple reasons why, the rocker has WAY more storage. Also the frame on the alps banged against gun when carrying on a sling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like it, also like that it has a hydration pouch.

SteelerFan

TauntoHawk

I might just give this a go, the absence of the bulky metal frame but free standing seated position is intruding. carrying and extra cushion at worst is still lighter than the lounger, plus I like the idea of 2 box call pockets and 4 pot call slots so I can use 2 of those for scratch boxes hopefully at an angle. Its also priced right I feel with some of these new packs (tenzing/UA) being sky high on price.

I think i've changed my mind on this pack, also being able to kind of come out of the straps and pockets while seated looks comfortable and a smart design. Hope sizing fits im pretty thin so a medium large adjusted down might still fit lose but worth trying
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

h2obil

I just received my Primos Rocker Vest in the mail !       It has exceeded my expectations!   I've tried the Tinzing vest and The Redhead Bucklick  Creek vest and never really liked them like the Orginal BLC.   With back issues I need  back support .  This vest was designed by turkey hunters!!  Plenty of pockets and size adjustments and the frames for the seat are very supportive.  I am very impressed With this vest.  Best Ive ever owned!!!                       Way To Go Primos !!!!

TauntoHawk

Anyone that has one, do you think the adjustments on the M/L will size down and fit a 5'6" 150lb frame well or will it swallow me and bang around all lose??

Sizing is only thing holding me back from trying it

crenshawco

I'm 5'9" and about 170. I was worried about it being baggy on me but it actually fits me very well. It could be a little baggy for you though

TauntoHawk

Quote from: crenshawco on March 09, 2017, 09:15:29 PM
I'm 5'9" and about 170. I was worried about it being baggy on me but it actually fits me very well. It could be a little baggy for you though
Do you have everything pretty much cinched all the way down

jepcho

Quote from: h2obil on March 09, 2017, 08:51:17 PM
I just received my Primos Rocker Vest in the mail !       It has exceeded my expectations!   I've tried the Tinzing vest and The Redhead Bucklick  Creek vest and never really liked them like the Orginal BLC.   With back issues I need  back support .  This vest was designed by turkey hunters!!  Plenty of pockets and size adjustments and the frames for the seat are very supportive.  I am very impressed With this vest.  Best Ive ever owned!!!                       Way To Go Primos !!!!

Where did you order yours from?  I can't find one in stock anywhere.

h2obil

I Called Primos  and ordered directly from them. I couldn't find the vest anywhere online?   She said they were telling ppl to wait  for the vest to come out in the stores it would be cheaper-- that they had to charge retail. But the total with shipping was around $140? 

TauntoHawk

Quote from: h2obil on March 10, 2017, 09:33:47 PM
I Called Primos  and ordered directly from them. I couldn't find the vest anywhere online?   She said they were telling ppl to wait  for the vest to come out in the stores it would be cheaper-- that they had to charge retail. But the total with shipping was around $140?
Did primos say when they should hit retailers??? I mean it doesn't help if they don't release a product to store until after turkey season

Tail Feathers

Earlier today I saw where  Cheaper Than Dirt had them for $101.  With tax and shipping, it came to $131 and change to my address.
Just can't make myself pull the trigger till I can see one in person.  Maybe for next season...
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Tail Feathers on March 12, 2017, 09:23:48 PM
Earlier today I saw where  Cheaper Than Dirt had them for $101.  With tax and shipping, it came to $131 and change to my address.
Just can't make myself pull the trigger till I can see one in person.  Maybe for next season...
I see the vest listed at $76 and $101 not sure what's up with that.. and why on Earth is their shipping so high $21

I'm not saying I won't buy it maybe even order it tomorrow.

TauntoHawk

The prices were for the difference in camo patterns although they all say obsession the model numbers relate to obsession and extra green.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger to try.