OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Meat Calls

Started by Footballer, March 02, 2017, 09:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footballer

I'll also add the Primos Alumislate. I killed several birds with it before getting into the custom call scene.

Strick9

It hasn't killed the most from my calls but then again it hasn't been in my hands for more than one season and was responsible for 5 deaduns. Sinclairs Bocate Ti 3" got the 5 and in the last week His super secret call sweet talked another 2..
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

Jgarrett

Roberts Brothers Wormy Chestnut with 2 piece purpleheart striker
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

Chad Snyder

Cody II Slate seems to have the most notches cut into it

spurz

Primos Power Crystal...one of the first calls I bought when I started turkey hunting, killed lots of public land birds with that call, dropped it and it lost all its power. Bought a another, didn't sound anything like the first one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spurtaker

Quote from: spurz on March 05, 2017, 08:59:48 AM
Primos Power Crystal...one of the first calls I bought when I started turkey hunting, killed lots of public land birds with that call, dropped it and it lost all its power. Bought a another, didn't sound anything like the first one.

One of the problems with purchasing mass production made call.

I've bought a primos box called (hooked up) and killed many birds so I bought another one just to see how it was and it sounds much different. It's hard for one call to sound the same as another when mass produced. Even for custom calls it's hard but buy hand selecting the material and quality control can help them sound close to another.

As far as retiring calls. I don't really retire a good call. I will always keep it on me just in case any new ones I'm using don't produce. Plus it helps in seeing how much it makes a difference to the bird to have what we call good sounding call. A really hot Tom is not picky at all. But one that is, is when you may have to pick out the call you thought of retiring.

Just wait. He's coming!

spurz

Quote from: Spurtaker on March 05, 2017, 09:39:23 AM

One of the problems with purchasing mass production made call.

I've bought a primos box called (hooked up) and killed many birds so I bought another one just to see how it was and it sounds much different. It's hard for one call to sound the same as another when mass produced. Even for custom calls it's hard but buy hand selecting the material and quality control can help them sound close to another.

As far as retiring calls. I don't really retire a good call. I will always keep it on me just in case any new ones I'm using don't produce. Plus it helps in seeing how much it makes a difference to the bird to have what we call good sounding call. A really hot Tom is not picky at all. But one that is, is when you may have to pick out the call you thought of retiring.

When I dropped it something happened inside the call, soundboard came loose or broke something inside. Call just went flat, kinda hollow sounding.

Trkytracks

The single most important call to me, which I've had for may years, is the Cody World class slate call. 

Joe
Semper Fi

Dr Juice

Interesting. What physically happened to the call that it lost its power?

Dtrkyman

Blodgett double trouble, its a killer, lost the original striker though and need to get a new one, it is not nearly as good with the strikers I have now as it was with the original!

spurz

Quote from: Dr Juice on March 09, 2017, 05:18:45 PM

Interesting. What physically happened to the call that it lost its power?

Soundboard came loose or cracked something inside is my guess.