OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Meat Calls

Started by Footballer, March 02, 2017, 09:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smooth_Operator

Roberts Bros glass over slate two-sider wormy chestnut pot and a Halloran one piece purpleheart striker.

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

birdhunterdave

PALongspur

Cody Spec 1 slate.

Oh the memories we've made!  :OGturkeyhead:

wcerin

"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, & some don't turn up at all."

boatpaddle

Cody Spec1 slate

Cody Bocote striker.....
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

yelpy

I don't have a meat pot yet. I just stared using them heavy last year. Great thread!!

compton30

My favorite is my mock dusting pit pot   ::)

Second would be Crystal Mistress with a two piece dymondwood

TauntoHawk

Meat pot calls.. twisted sister, houndstooth cherry ceramic, and schaffer mad hen 1, they all have at least a handful of birds to their name I don't stick to any one call long though so once ive killed a handful they generally get retired

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

compton30

Can someone explain to me the thinking behind retiring calls that are consistent killers?

boatpaddle

Quote from: compton30 on March 02, 2017, 10:56:35 PM
Can someone explain to me the thinking behind retiring calls that are consistent killers?

Sure.....These calls, that are retired, have proven there worth in the turkey woods...

Proven "KILLERS"........Numerous  harvests...

Time to use some other calls looking for the next KILLER...

We spend all this money on numerous calls, so it seems right to take them to the woods...

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

cutt down

Platz maple slate.....it's worked like no other for me the last 3yrs.

Spitten and drummen

Platz cherry slate and cherry aluminum. Both of these pot calls flat call turkeys.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

TauntoHawk

Quote from: compton30 on March 02, 2017, 10:56:35 PM

Some of the fun to me is searching for a great call that works well for me in the field, Once its proven I search for the next one.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Andy S.

Quote from: boatpaddle on March 03, 2017, 07:03:37 AMCan someone explain to me the thinking behind retiring calls that are consistent killers?
Ditto. If you are a bonafide turkey killer, there is no explaining it because you do not retire it. If you like to dabble in pot calls and test them while afield, then I guess you retire the proven killer. I guess....???
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

Roost 1

Knight & Hale silver queen.........