turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nitro Turkey Loads

Started by ThunderChickenHunter21, March 02, 2017, 08:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

I say this every time the nitro thing comes up. I've seen barrels blow more than once w this stuff. Also seen rounds swell n stick in barrels from the pressure. It's your gun

1iagobblergetter

I tried them years ago and was not impressed at all. It was I believe the 4x5x7s. At forty yards it was like a shot string hit the ground on up into the target. I'd have to aim a foot over the turkey to hit the vital areas. I called Nitro and they said I needed a scope or some type of sight. I asked them why with cheap shells I could hit where I aimed and not with theirs. Didnt even mess with using them after that. I'd spend my money on H-13s,Mag-Blends, or get into Tss.

USMC0331

Have used his ammo for over 10 years, three was a year where they had a bad batch of powder in which case they replaced all of my shells that had the bad powder . I have never had a problem with the ammunition  performance. I do not know a thing about tss but am looking forward in trying it in a 20 guage.

Gobble!

Quote from: ThunderChickenHunter21 on March 02, 2017, 11:00:29 AM
Quote from: taylorjones20 on March 02, 2017, 10:26:22 AM
My understanding was that they had a hard time getting the powder needed a couple of years ago so they had to change some recipes to make do.  Since it's easier to get powder I would imagine they have went back to their original recipes.  The latter is just a guess...

I used them before I started loading my own TSS... Had great results with them.

Wouldnt want to sell some of your TSS loads would you?

You cannot buy loaded TSS shells legally at this point but it is easy to load your own. Save the $155 that guy wants for his Nitros and return that jebs choke. Use that money to buy the materials you will need to load TSS, roughly $150 assuming you have a drill press, and a pound of TSS, $50. TSS and Indian Creek chokes throw some insane patterns. My .665 IC with 2.5oz of TSS #9s put 550 holes in a 10" circle at 40 yards. It was so tight I had IC send me a .675. I load TSS because companys like HeviShot and Nitro can't seem to produce quality shells year after year. I am now my own quality control and I'm not looking back.

Gobble!

PM me if your interested in TSS and I will point you in the right direction.

yella yelper

Quote from: Gobble! on March 02, 2017, 09:33:15 PM
Quote from: ThunderChickenHunter21 on March 02, 2017, 11:00:29 AM
Quote from: taylorjones20 on March 02, 2017, 10:26:22 AM
My understanding was that they had a hard time getting the powder needed a couple of years ago so they had to change some recipes to make do.  Since it's easier to get powder I would imagine they have went back to their original recipes.  The latter is just a guess...

I used them before I started loading my own TSS... Had great results with them.

Wouldnt want to sell some of your TSS loads would you?

You cannot buy loaded TSS shells legally at this point but it is easy to load your own. Save the $155 that guy wants for his Nitros and return that jebs choke. Use that money to buy the materials you will need to load TSS, roughly $150 assuming you have a drill press, and a pound of TSS, $50. TSS and Indian Creek chokes throw some insane patterns. My .665 IC with 2.5oz of TSS #9s put 550 holes in a 10" circle at 40 yards. It was so tight I had IC send me a .675. I load TSS because companys like HeviShot and Nitro can't seem to produce quality shells year after year. I am now my own quality control and I'm not looking back.
Wish I had this advice 5 years ago. There is no comparison and you'll just have to see it for yourself. You won't be disappointed

ThunderChickenHunter21

Man idk anything about loading, guess i could learn  ;D

Gobble!

Quote from: ThunderChickenHunter21 on March 02, 2017, 11:19:31 PM

I didn't either 3 years ago but with the right tools there is nothing to it.

maytom

I have a few left of a box of 25 I bought at the NWTF Convention years ago. They work very well out of the Rhino suggested choke tube. Only issue for me was their Crimp!!! Some shells would end up loosing the buffer inside my vest pockets!! Not a quality crimping procedure in my opinion. I have since switched to Winchester Long Beards. Price wise they are much cheaper, and come with a quality crimp right from the factory.

RoyalKnight

Just placed my order yesterday for my 20ga 4,5,7,

Ridge Rooster

Been using it for 15 years or more without a problem. Best ammo that you can buy already loaded IMO. I used it up till last year when I started loading TSS for my 20 gauges but 3 of my hunting buddy's still use it. I and my hunting buddy's have killed many gobblers past what we are allowed to talk about on this forum. They did have some issues with powder and changing the loads for a year or two but last box I ordered I made sure I was getting the old loads and they performed like expected. Buy with confidence that they will perform better than anything else you can currently buy already loaded.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

Bowguy

Quote from: ThunderChickenHunter21 on March 02, 2017, 11:19:31 PM
From the video I've seen its not really the same as reg loading. It seems easy. If it's cheaper n the #9 shot is legal where you hunt cause it isn't in all states go for it. Doesn't seem a giant investment.
Turkey loads n waterfowl are the only things I don't load. Don't be intimidated just go for it

ThunderChickenHunter21

Think I will.  Thanks everyone for your responses!