turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nitro Turkey Loads

Started by ThunderChickenHunter21, March 02, 2017, 08:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThunderChickenHunter21

Are the Nitro loads in a decline or is everyone that uses them still seeing the results Nitro is known for?  Just curious before I break down and buy a new box.

CMR

Can't speak for everyone, but I havent bought any since I found TSS and HW 7's.  They're probably slightly better than the HW 7's, but not enough to go through the headache of getting them.....

ThunderChickenHunter21

Who makes the TSS loads or do you have to load those yourself?

CMR

Have to roll your own unless you've got a REALLY good friend that will share with you.  Lol

Fullfan

I have a box of 25 Nitro's 3.5 shells. I'm thinking they are 4x6x7 shot. Were made for the Remington 11-87 and the Winchester Super x-2. I no longer shoot that load and would be willing to sell them if the price is right. 
Don't gobble at me...

ThunderChickenGetter

I shot them one season but got tired of having a bruised cheekbone and shoulder. They're killer on the shoulder out of a 835

ThunderChickenHunter21

Quote from: Fullfan on March 02, 2017, 09:44:52 AM
I have a box of 25 Nitro's 3.5 shells. I'm thinking they are 4x6x7 shot. Were made for the Remington 11-87 and the Winchester Super x-2. I no longer shoot that load and would be willing to sell them if the price is right.

Id be interested but I shoot the 5x6x7's out of an 870

ThunderChickenHunter21

Quote from: ThunderChickenGetter on March 02, 2017, 10:01:22 AM
I shot them one season but got tired of having a bruised cheekbone and shoulder. They're killer on the shoulder out of a 835

They do hurt pretty bad but the loads I have were worth it lol.  Just seeing if they are still same quality because I was told they wasnt made as well as they used to be made.  Wanted to find out from other ppl before I bought more

ThunderChickenHunter21

Might go with the Magblends.  They shoot well out of my gun as well.

taylorjones20

My understanding was that they had a hard time getting the powder needed a couple of years ago so they had to change some recipes to make do.  Since it's easier to get powder I would imagine they have went back to their original recipes.  The latter is just a guess...

I used them before I started loading my own TSS... Had great results with them.
Alive only by the Grace Of God

ThunderChickenHunter21

Quote from: taylorjones20 on March 02, 2017, 10:26:22 AM
My understanding was that they had a hard time getting the powder needed a couple of years ago so they had to change some recipes to make do.  Since it's easier to get powder I would imagine they have went back to their original recipes.  The latter is just a guess...

I used them before I started loading my own TSS... Had great results with them.

Wouldnt want to sell some of your TSS loads would you?

Fullfan

The shells I have are at least 10-12 years old. Bought them and in the gun safe they went. I will check to see what they are when I get home tonight.
Don't gobble at me...

ThunderChickenHunter21

Quote from: Fullfan on March 02, 2017, 03:37:50 PM
The shells I have are at least 10-12 years old. Bought them and in the gun safe they went. I will check to see what they are when I get home tonight.

Ok if they are 4x5x7's, the H518 i am interested

TheSportsman

I don't get the numbers I used to out of them but got good supply of them. In my setups, pretty close to a mag blend. I won't be buying anymore when my stash is gone

Fullfan

Just dug them out of the gun safe.  # H51013  2 1/4 oz 4x5x7 1200 fps. I have 23 of them in the original box. If you do  not want than I will put then in the classified section. 155.00 TYD

Don't gobble at me...