OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bob Dixon Vests

Started by crenshawco, March 01, 2017, 09:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crenshawco

Anybody seen one for sale lately? I feel like they used to pop up from time to time but I haven't seen one in a while

grayfox

My hunting buddy has been using one for years. I told him he probably should sell it while they was bringing a good price. He finally bought a new vest this year.

Greg Massey

If you could find one it will cost you between 500-2500 depending on how bad you want the vest....

1iagobblergetter

Wish they'd bring that one back for another run.. I bought the limbhanger and it's been a good vest,but starting to showing its age.

Cut N Run

I bought a Limbhanger because I couldn't find a Dixon at the time.  I really like they layout & pockets on it.  I wish I would have bought another when I had the chance.  I see there's a couple of Limbhanger vests on FleaBay right now.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

CMR

I bought one new when they first came out and have been using it since.  I wont sell it unless somebody offers me some seriously stupid money for it.  The Limbhangers are nice too, don't know why they quit making them.  I absolutely hate the Elite vests

ncwoodsman

I purchased 2 Limbhangers on Ebay after the 2016 season went out and love the vest configuration. I would love to have a Bob Dixon vest, but I probably wouldn't hunt with it due to the crazy money they are bringing even if you can locate one.

tha bugman

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on March 02, 2017, 03:31:11 AM
Wish they'd bring that one back for another run.. I bought the limbhanger and it's been a good vest,but starting to showing its age.
Seems like they could reissue a non-collectors version and sell them like hot cakes

casersmcdoo

Quote from: tha bugman on March 02, 2017, 09:00:43 AM
Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on March 02, 2017, 03:31:11 AM
Seems like they could reissue a non-collectors version and sell them like hot cakes

I would say now that Toxey has the line back, and seeing how many people jumped all over the new runs of Greenleaf and Orig Bottomland we will see one by next Turkey season. Maybe not identical but a vest built on the same basis in Greenleaf/Orig Bottomland and probably the new Obsession. Just my guess though.

hookedspur

I Know they are the nicest vests I've ever worn. IMO.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

cuppednlocked

Quote from: hookedspur on March 02, 2017, 01:57:20 PM
I Know they are the nicest vests I've ever worn. IMO.

I concur wholeheartedly.  I have been offered $550 for my Dixon, but it is not for sale.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

My brother has number 97. He might sell it but it won't be cheap.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

antnye

Hunted with mine for 8 years. Retiring it this year......maybe.....tried to retire it last year but could not  hunt without it. Started having withdrawals.  ;D. Bought the another 5 years ago to put up.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Quote from: antnye on March 02, 2017, 08:21:33 PM
Hunted with mine for 8 years. Retiring it this year......maybe.....tried to retire it last year but could not  hunt without it. Started having withdrawals.  ;D. Bought the another 5 years ago to put up.

What numbers do you have if you don't mind me asking?
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Gamblinman

Bob Dixons are nice, but I found the Limbhanger to be a better hunting vest. Those Claw shoulder straps had a tendency to bind and ride up when trying to swing.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."