turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

#2 Bird Down in Tennessee

Started by flydowntn, April 08, 2011, 04:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flydowntn

I started out on my usual place to hunt this morning. I set up on a bird about 100 yards from where he was roosted. He fly down after maybe 8 gobbles. Didnt here from him again. Instead of pushing him I decided to leave. Went to another spot pulled in about 9 oclock. I checked 2 fields and sit down at each one to see if I  could get a gobble.Nothing. So I decide to call it a day at about 11 and started walking back to the truck. I had to cross a few ditches that had water in them when I came in. So I decided to go to a creek bank and follow it to my truck. About halfway there I let out a few yelps and a hen answered. I sit down beside a tree on the creek bank. To make a long story short A gobble came about 10 mins after that. He was on the road I walked in on and there was a slew between him and me. Well He would not come across that dang thing. I took out every call I had with me and started letting him have it. Well this dang turkey followed that road and started to follow the same way I was going out to my truck. So he comes to nearly to the same place I walked up to the creek bank at. And starts walking right to me and spots me about 38 steps. Head pops up trigger is pulled . Dirtnap! From the time he gobbled to the time I shot took nearly 1 hr 30 mins for him to walk around that water instead of flying maybe 10 seconds to cross it. 10" B  1" Spurs.

S. P. Game Calls

Ol'Mossy

Congrats, I have a call just like the one at the far left  :icon_thumright:

tnturkeyman28

Big Boys Custom Calls
" I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
Owner of Big Boys Custom Call making Custom Turkey Calls to Order. Mossy Oak Pro Staff The Good lord has Blessed me far more than I deserve. Philippians 4:13

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

cannonball

socalturkeyman

A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

timbrhuntr

harvester

turkey slayer

Tom Foolery