OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lightweight boot suggestions

Started by reynolds243, February 27, 2017, 02:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reynolds243

Quote from: Phillipshunt on February 28, 2017, 11:24:11 AM
Cabelas has the Danner Jackel camo boots in original bottom land I've worn a pair for several years super light wt. and will keep your feet dry unless your wading creeks. Not much grips on soles which works well in La mud(they do not get clogged up with mud) but if your hunting rough steep terrain they may not have enough grip.Mine are mossy oak obsession trying to tell myself I really need a pair in OBottomland lol.

They don't make these anymore so finding a 12 is not possible at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catman529

Quote from: juliodux on February 28, 2017, 01:56:24 PM
Irish Setter Vaprteck.  Since I purchased them (1/15),  I have logged over 12 miles in this boot.  I can suggest these to anyone.  Good, lite, waterproof with lots of support.
good luck with that...mine were fine for a while too, then they started leaking and breaking down over the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cove

Quote from: reynolds243 on February 28, 2017, 11:14:52 AM
Quote from: Cove on February 28, 2017, 09:31:06 AM
Make sure you don't over look boots like Keen and Merrell. They aren't targeted at hunters so they're often over looked but make great, very light weight hiking boots.

I have merrells I use from time to time but I want something taller for hunting to help with higher vegetation being wet and damp or even ankle high creeks.

Look into a pair of gaiters if you haven't tried them. All the dryness none of the weight.