turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Conditioning Kit?

Started by Tennessee Lead, February 26, 2017, 06:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tennessee Lead

Not to hijack the What's in your vest thread.
I've been thinking the last few days of trying to use an Altoids tin to assemble a pot call conditioning kit. It would consist of scotchbrite, sandpaper, drywall screen, alcohol wipes and a slick stick or conditioning stone.
I normally just have those items crammed in a interior vest pocket which is annoying because the sandpaper rolls up and grabs the cloth of the vest as I'm digging for something.

How do you guys keep your conditioning items together?
If someone has a better system I would like to implement it into my vest. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

I keep most of mine in a zip lock bag, i use scotchbrite pad mostly and i have a small piece fixed on a string tied to my bag..

NCbowjunkie

I have always used an old pill bottle to keep small pieces of scotchbrite and sandpaper, chalk etc

Tennessee Lead

Really good suggestions guys

West Augusta

I use one of those little carabiner key chains.  Clip it to the outside of your vest so you don't have to look for it when a gobbler is coming in and your pot slicks up.  I use a paper punch to punch a hole through a piece of 120 and 60 grit emery cloth and then cut a piece of green scotchbrite.  Put them on the key  chain.   
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

1iagobblergetter

I use a small container about the size of a big pill bottle but shorter. Stores small piece of scotch brite pad, a few different pieces of sandpaper,and also a small piece of chalk wrapped up in a small baggie before putting it in with everything else for my box calls. Keeps everything all together and easy to find..

MickT

I have most of my stuff in a clear dip can that came as a conditioning kit that I've added to. My lighter and stone don't fit but all go in the same pocket.

wcerin

I use one of my old glasses cases, fits perfectly in one of my vest pockets. Perfect size for everything and quiet!!
"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, & some don't turn up at all."

captpete

I use an old mouth call case. I carry a piece of drywall screen, sandpaper and scotchbright pad in it.

eddie234

I have a primos slick stick and my stepdad used to work in a tobacco plant and got me a case of unused plastic snuff cans. I keep extra scotchbrite pads and rubber bands and the like in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wytrat785

http://www.basspro.com/Knight-&-Hale-Friction-Call-Conditioning-Tool/product/10210932/

I got one of these many moons ago as a Christmas gift from sister. It's come in handy over the years while hunting.

Tennessee Lead

Lots of great ideas

M,Yingling

I normally touch call up quick before I sit down ,,, but kind weird I guess I carry sand paper and green pad and stone in 3 pockets lol 1 shirt 1coat and 1 pants    that stuff seems disappear all time Ha
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Gamblinman

I use one of Woodhaven's surface savers on all my pot calls. I can lay a piece of scotchbrite, drywall screen, emory cloth, or sandpaper on the surface and pop the lid on. Whatever call I choose, the proper scuffer/cleaner is right there in the lid.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Tennessee Lead

Thanks everyone for the ideas.