turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

20 gauge Longbeards

Started by turkeykiller41, February 26, 2017, 12:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeykiller41

Winchester really dropped the ball getting these new loads in the store.

nyhunter

maybe they'll have them out by the 4th of july :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an...  :bike2:

Captaintopwater

Gt an email saying mine shipped today.

BowBendr

Until 5 months ago Winchester denied that such a product existed.....they had them at the convention last weekend...they shipped to stores today...... ;D

That means they have been working on R&D, load development, and marketing plans for more than a year.
50% of the country is still gripped by winter, only a handful of southern states have an ultra-early opener. Most guys still have 5-7 weeks to try them before their opening date. I think Winchester did pretty good......

Stumpy225

Shot some this weekend thru my 870 youth and wasnt that impressed with them. Think I'll stick with the heavy weight 7's.

turkeykiller41

So tell us about your pattern what gun ,choke, barrel  length ,how many yards if you don't mind.

Captaintopwater

Got mine today, gonna try to shoot em this weekend.

CABEAR73

Quote from: turkeykiller41 on February 28, 2017, 09:15:09 PM
So tell us about your pattern what gun ,choke, barrel  length ,how many yards if you don't mind.

Shot same gun, same choke. Was blown out, but still consistent. I think its the ultimate youth load, but for straight up killing, its Sumtoy and Fed 7s.
Those LBXRs will be a great shelf load. And alot of birds will fall to them. But not in my guns.

slicksbeagles1

Everyone save your money if your satisfied with your set up. A friend and I tried them in 5's and 6's in different Guns mine a sa08 and his a m2 and there just ok out of ic555 my friend also tried a rob Roberts choke with just okay results.

Illnoize

:toothy12:I still have yet to see them in stores

owlhoot

None I have seen around either.

turkey buster

I'm not calling anyone liars so don't take me wrong. But where is the pictures of these patterns and where did you get the shells? I've yet to see a single pattern posted nor can I find a box of shells to buy and try for myself.

slicksbeagles1

They sold them at the NWTF convention.
:TrainWreck1:

turkey buster

Pictures? I'd like to see some patterns

Izzyjoe

Me too! I hardly think they could throw patterns like the 12ga, but they can't be that bad could they.