turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tennessee hunt timing

Started by Brian Fahs, February 26, 2017, 10:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Fahs

I have an invite to  hunt private property near nashville this season. I live in pennsylvania and usually hunt my home state plus maryland and ohio. Our seasons start mid to late April or early may in pa. Usually our best results are early season in these states. I see Tennessee opens April 2. Just really looking for timing of the hunt. Any input would be appreciated.
      Brian

Roost 1

TN opens April 1.... Which would be a great time to be there.

Greg Massey

I'm in Tenn, so if you got a invite i would go...you never know, what this could mean in the future...Lot of birds around that area...

jwright8

I'm in ky but on the Tennesse line. I would say it will be good hunting first part of April.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Brian Fahs

I stand corrected. Saturday April is opener.

Brian Fahs

It sounds like the guy has multiple small properties he deer hunts. He does not turkey hunt anymore but says the population there is good.

Roost 1

If you want some company just let me know... :funnyturkey:

slave601

Along with South Carolina I will also be going to Tennessee for my first time the second week of season. Gonna try some of the lakes north east of Nashville. Maybe we will have some luck.
"thinnin the flock"

Brian Fahs

Quote from: slave601 on February 26, 2017, 08:22:37 PM
Along with South Carolina I will also be going to Tennessee for my first time the second week of season. Gonna try some of the lakes north east of Nashville. Maybe we will have some luck.
I hunted south Carolina one time back in 1989. Hunter WMA areas and some private. Had fun killed birds. Get ready for snakes....lots of snakes where I was.

catman529

Quote from: Roost 1 on February 26, 2017, 10:46:28 AM
TN opens April 1.... Which would be a great time to be there.
yup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raywa

I live in Mount Juliet and there's a lot of birds around nashville. But its very hard to get permission to hunt them. If you have a chance i would take it.

strut-n-rut

im from ohio we usally hunt in vonore tn.  but when i went to the nwtf convention in nashville i looked around at some public areas we might go to this year.

Brian Fahs

Quote from: raywa on February 26, 2017, 10:28:25 PM
I live in Mount Juliet and there's a lot of birds around nashville. But its very hard to get permission to hunt them. If you have a chance i would take it.
[
/quote]
My host said most properties are small like 50 acres or less. Permission sounds very difficult to get there. HE did mention some public opportunities to hunt nearby. WE shall see.....

strutnrut

I have hunted Mid TN for 28 year an i think we will have some great hunting early this year. Light winter an I seen birds gobbling an strutting earlier than normal. Sent one the other morning with 1 1/2 plus spurs. I am ready now.

slave601

From what I'm hearing tenn public is pretty packed. I'm looking into some of the lakes/wmas north east of Nashville.
"thinnin the flock"