turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Just got my first Oak ridge call.

Started by bowbird87, February 23, 2017, 06:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowbird87

Made a trade on here for a oak ridge Blue mahoe glass call. I've never had a chance to play one in person. I'll tell you what  I have been missing out, didn't take long  to realize these are jam up calls. This definitely won't be my last.

Bowhuntr73

Congrats, I have a bunch if Jimmy's pots. Do yourself a favor and pick up an Atomic 13. I won't part with any of his calls!!

FL-Boss

Atomic 13 is my #1 go to call... out of many, many pots.  Get one fast.

Fieldturkey

My favorite call maker. I have more than I want to admit. 

Bowguy

Atomic 13 is a great call. I don't see how it could get better but I had equal luck with his sapele aluminum n just got another aluminum that may sound even better

Bowhuntr73

OHturkey85

Jimmy's aluminums are as good as it gets!

Clardh

Congrats on getting a great call from an even better person!!!

sixbird

Techn9cian02

Jimmy makes a killer ceramic as well!

vt35mag

Quote from: Bowguy on February 23, 2017, 07:04:17 PM
Atomic 13 is a great call. I don't see how it could get better but I had equal luck with his sapele aluminum n just got another aluminum that may sound even better

Love my sapele.

greentag

mad hen 1,mad hen 2, atomic 13, and the sapale aluminum are all bout as good as it gets to me,havent got to try the sapale in the woods yet but the atomic 13 has been one of the best pots i have ever used.

Bowguy

Quote from: greentag on February 23, 2017, 09:06:05 PM
mad hen 1,mad hen 2, atomic 13, and the sapale aluminum are all bout as good as it gets to me,havent got to try the sapale in the woods yet but the atomic 13 has been one of the best pots i have ever used.
I feel the same bout the atomic 13 but used the sapele double aluminum last year twice n killed 2 birds. The new call is even better sounding, part canarywood, I think the other was redheart. If you roll the call slightly you can get dif sounds depending on the wood you're running over. Can't wait to try it.

mgm1955

Double B

Agree.  I got one of his blue mahoe crystals in a trade and it screams.....gorgeous call.  Also have a Schaffer maple slate that is excellent. 
Followed by buzzards