turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

turkey wing

Started by strut-n-rut, February 22, 2017, 02:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strut-n-rut

anyone know where i can get a turkey wing ?

TerryLNanny

Yes, the most common place is from a turkey. Hahaha!! All kidding aside, Primos used to make a good one. Don't know if it's still available.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The Gobblers I've had the pleasure calling in have never been the same.

REBELYELL

Kill you a gobbler. Most of them have two good wings.  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Primos used to make a good one called the Real Wing, but they stopped selling them. They pop up on Ebay occasionally, but the price is ridiculous. You can actually make a pretty good one from a wild turkey wing, just got to kill him first.

Yoder409

I've done 100x more flydowns and flyups with my baseball cap than with a wing.   Turkeys ain't smart enough to know the difference and it's one less thing to lug around.

Just make sure it's a quality hat that can take a little bit of beatin
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Yoder409 on February 22, 2017, 05:30:31 PM
I've done 100x more flydowns and flyups with my baseball cap than with a wing.   Turkeys ain't smart enough to know the difference and it's one less thing to lug around.

agree you can use your hat or a goose wing will work also...

Spring Fever

Quote from: Yoder409 on February 22, 2017, 05:30:31 PM

X2

SteelerFan

Here's one for the low, low price of $68!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-The-Primos-Real-Wing-Turkey-Call-NIB-RARE-VINTAGE-/292047305902

You know... I bet one of these talented callmaker craftsman on this site could come up with a custom wood handle that would accommodate 7 primary wing feathers like this Primos model. Some sort of clam shell design that would hold "hunter provided" feathers? Might be a new craze??

Happy

I have some rare and vintage pot calls I should be selling then!

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

MK M GOBL