turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A Little Zen from the convention

Started by tha bugman, February 22, 2017, 10:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

At the convention I was set up close to the registration area.  All day for three days thousands of people filed through those lines.  Out on the convention floor thousands milled around, calling, looking, talking.  Everyone was happy sharing stories etc.  I got to thinking all these people will go home, some will have success some will not.  Some will kill a truck load of birds in multiple states and some will be fortunate enough to be huffing and puffing as they stand on "the one", while still others will hunt quiet woods, never pulling the trigger.  For some this would be their first season of many and sadly for some it will be their last.  Regardless...here we were, for three days a collective, joined together in a moment of time by the same basic desire to hear and see the wild turkey in his home to get a glance into his life (and sometimes even his death).

yelpaholic

Spring Creek Calls

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

SteelerFan

Greg Massey

Agree, i always welcome new hunter's, we need to mentor these people to be successful with turkey hunting thru the NWTF convention and this forum. My first couple of years turkey hunting were pretty tough but that what's great about hunting, spending time in the woods and learning what works. As you start turkey hunting you may not have the best equipment, but don't let that stop you from enjoying and hunting. It doesn't take a champion caller to kill birds. Take the calls you have and learn from watching video's and listening to people using calls. More turkey's have been killed from non professional caller's than professionals. We need to support beginners to keep the sport of our hunting heritage live and well for years to come..

1iagobblergetter

Thinking about it. It is remarkable how much time is consumed on such of a magnificent creature...

Happy

That's hurt my head.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Farmboy27

Wow!  If we would all look at things a little more like this I think we'd all be a little better for it. I love it!

Fullfan

And it is a dang shame they keep the convention in Nashville, it is sadly all about $. Why not move it around the country. The first and only convention I attended was in Columbus Ohio.
Don't gobble at me...

Naylor649

Couldn't have been said any better. Thank you!

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: Fullfan on February 22, 2017, 09:03:17 PM
And it is a dang shame they keep the convention in Nashville, it is sadly all about $. Why not move it around the country. The first and only convention I attended was in Columbus Ohio.

Charlotte NC could use some love.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

pabossie255

sixbird

Well said brutha'. We're all on the same journey. We're just at different points along the way...

Hersh

Yoder409

Quote from: Fullfan on February 22, 2017, 09:03:17 PM

Uh huh.

When I was attending every year to work the Convention, it would bounce around, making it convenient for everyone at least every other year.................. Columbus, Indianapolis, Nashville, Atlanta, Charlotte...............

The 10-11 hour drive to Nashville every time got old about the same time the company was sold and I didn't have to go anymore. 
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.