OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Taking my 10 yr old daughter on her first turkey hunt this weekend!!(updated)

Started by LX_Trkyhntr, April 08, 2011, 09:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LX_Trkyhntr

I am taking my daughter Sarah to Heber Springs, AR this afternoon.  We will be participating in the Sam Lester and Friends Youth Outreach Turkey Hunt this weekend.  Sarah has been shooting her shotgun every day this week and is READY!!  She has been practicing on her Hook's Cuttin Crystal call for weeks and is going to help me call her first bird in!

While we were on the way back home from Wal-Mart yesterday she looked over at me and said, "Dad I think you should do the cluck and purrs, I will do the yelping and I will throw in some clucks too."  I about lost it! :TooFunny:  I told her that would be fine, she totally expects to call up her own bird!

I will post an update Monday morning.

Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

870supermagnum

I think that is absolutely great.  I sure hope she calls in and takes her first bird (at 10 years old).  You're a great Dad.   :anim_25:

struttin_1

bayou gobbler

Hognutz

Best of luck to you and your daughter. Sounds as if she has been listening to your calling every now and again. I would say that you have raised her well, and you are a blessed man to have her..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

gophert

GOOD LUCK!!!!  I let my daughter call with her box call.  It helps break up the board-em. 

Trip

Its just plain Awesome to hear stuff like that! Good luck to ya'll!! I hope she kills a big un'                       

:anim_25:

new2turkey

Awesome  :icon_thumright:.

Good luck, I hope she shows you up with a monster  :goofball:

njdevilsb

Good luck to you guys.  Can't wait to see the success pictures.

barry

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

vaturkey

Good Luck To Both Of You ! :icon_thumright:

:newmascot:
Vaturkey

jshively

Took my 10 year old daughter out this last weekend.  Had a great time.  Heard lots of turkeys, saw a few, shot at one but missed.  She keeps wanting to go again - but with the Government shutting down - so does my hunting area.

Flydown

Good Luck Stephan and Sarah. Just have fun having a little daddy, daughter time.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: