OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stickers/decals on your gun (brand names).

Started by deerbasshunter3, February 21, 2017, 01:38:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerbasshunter3

What is everybody's take on putting brand logos on their guns? I thought about putting one of the MO stickers, that came in the wrap kit, on my gun, but feel as though it is too much like trying to show a sponsor, which I do not have... I have toyed with the idea of getting a few small turkey tracks to put on the barrel, but that is about it.

1iagobblergetter

The way I see it it's your gun do whatever you like. Not really my thing,but I've seen a few that I thought were really neat. Nothing wrong with customizing a gun to your liking...

flintlockgirl

We used to sell speciality made up stikers for the barrel. Just be careful it isnt a high tack decal or it could do harm to a finish, we had found they are too sticky. We used a Low tack decal paper and it work great!! Just wanted to let you know in case you didnt. Didnt mean to barge in. Annette

Parrot Head

Not my cup of tea, but I don't do stickers on my truck either.

compton30

I was thinking of doing the same with a Backcountry Hunters and Anglers decal I have but I also don't want  it to wear off if it gets wet or whatever could happen to it. Was looking for application advice

Spring Creek Calls

I had a couple made up for my gun/guns.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

wmn2

I painted a strutting tom on my stock and turkey tracks on the action, but no brand names on my gun.

Gobble!

Greg Massey

Never looked at naming my gun with stickers, It already has a name it's called GUN... if you want a sticker on your gun or some kind of name, go for it, i don't think it will help it kill any better...but it may make you feel better...

SteelerFan

Never really thought one way or the other...  Brand names are definitely for advertising on the TV shows, but if you like, and want to endorse a product? Go for it! The barrel stickers are kinda cool too.

I would "fly the flag" with this decal that Sumtoy uses as his avatar!

BowBendr

If the mfg. didn't want you flying their flag they would not have sent the sticker. It's advertising not sponsorship.

I'm having a really hard time accepting the fact we are discussing the ethical appearances of having a sticker on a gun.....

SteelerFan

Quote from: BowBendr on February 21, 2017, 11:09:39 AM
If the mfg. didn't want you flying their flag they would not have sent the sticker. It's advertising not sponsorship.

I'm having a really hard time accepting the fact we are discussing the ethical appearances of having a sticker on a gun.....

??? ??? I don't think that was the question... more of whether you like the looks or don't. No ethical dilemma here.

BowBendr

The OP said he was unsure about the appearance of having a sponsorship, while not having one. To post the question that way makes it appear that he is concerned that someone will be lead to believe something that isn't true. Seems like an ethics question to me.

SteelerFan

Quote from: BowBendr on February 21, 2017, 11:33:45 AM
The OP said he was unsure about the appearance of having a sponsorship, while not having one. To post the question that way makes it appear that he is concerned that someone will be lead to believe something that isn't true. Seems like an ethics question to me.

Gotcha! That's the thing about the written word - it's typed with a specific meaning, yet can be read with various. I agree - just advertising.

And sadly, to the despair of thousands upon thousands of rednecks country wide - NO, we don't really believe you are on Team Realtree, part of the Bone Collector Brotherhood, are sponsored by Primos - whether you "speak the language" or not.  ;D

kjnengr

If the company name has a logo I like or if I have some kind of connection to the company, then I will fly their flag.  However, for the most part I take off any and all decals with company names.  I'm the guy that pulls off the decals the dealership puts on when you buy a vehicle from them. 

Again, I like the barrel and stock stickers with "cool" logos and phrases, but I don't care for big company names/logos.