turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Finally, VA Turkey Season is Tomorrow!

Started by jshively, April 08, 2011, 07:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jshively

I was good this year.  I did the scouting and have several birds located for the opener.  With an increase in 2 1/2 year old birds - it should be a great season.  But like some cruel joke (yes my wife is finding this humorous) I just got word that Quantico Marine Corp Base (the land for which I hunt) is preparing for the likely government shutdown and will not able to open for hunting while the shutdown is in effect.  This will include opening day tomorrow.

Say it isn't so!!!  OK - plan B.  Most get the government to work together quick.  This will make that Ol' Tom seem like a cake walk.    :help:
:TrainWreck1:

Trip

That sucks man...I wish you the best of luck in the am...our NC season starts tomorrow.

Florida Marine

Quote from: jshively on April 08, 2011, 07:30:05 AM
I was good this year.  I did the scouting and have several birds located for the opener.  With an increase in 2 1/2 year old birds - it should be a great season.  But like some cruel joke (yes my wife is finding this humorous) I just got word that Quantico Marine Corp Base (the land for which I hunt) is preparing for the likely government shutdown and will not able to open for hunting while the shutdown is in effect.  This will include opening day tomorrow.

Say it isn't so!!!  OK - plan B.  Most get the government to work together quick.  This will make that Ol' Tom seem like a cake walk.    :help:
:TrainWreck1:

There is always Phelps... but I would wear kevlar.

I have a back up, just have not heard or seen a bird on it this spring, saw a few on it last fall.
Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.

-Ronald Reagan

harvester

spur collector

Florida Marine

You get a pass today??

Only 9 of us with Greens showed up at 0445 to pick up passes, there HAD to be some blue and brown left?

Skunked today other then my suicide hen...  Damn birds are henning up right after they drop off roost.
Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.

-Ronald Reagan

forcercon1

Any at the Base today, were the birds Gobbling?

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Florida Marine

Quote from: forcercon1 on April 09, 2011, 11:54:49 PM
Any at the Base today, were the birds Gobbling?

for about 30 seconds... 

I watched 4 hens fly down, as soon as they did the tom's went silent.  Very frustrating.

-Ronald Reagan