turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

weekend warrior this year :(

Started by gobblinfever, February 18, 2017, 10:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobblinfever

started a new job last year and wont have any vacation days for turkeys season this year. all I will have is weekends and evenings after work. so discouraging. anyone else in the same boat or just get the weekends? just be nice to know that I'm not alone in this catastrophe. I'm used to having vacation days for turkey season. how do u deal with it if you are in the same boat?
Nothing better than turkey huntin

ericjames

I'm in the same boat I won't get my vacation and sick days until may 18

gobblinfever

sucks bad. at least we know we r not alone now lol

ericjames

True. Only good thing is I don't have to clock in until 745 and get off around 415

gobblinfever

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: ericjames on February 18, 2017, 10:19:32 PM
How bad do you want to go. Call in sick and take it unpaid..Wouldn't be lying you have a sickness   :you_rock: .or depending on how they are tell them your going turkey hunting and take it unpaid...

SinGin

I'm in the same boat, no vacation till middle of May and we can't hunt after 1:00 in Mo.

TURKEYWHACKER

Me basically for all hunting seasons for 36 years. Sure I get a 3 day hunt in here and there, but most are weekend affairs. Job I've been at for the last 10 years is pretty much 6 days a week, so I do a bunch of Sunday hunts. Sure beats yard work though.  ;D

ericjames

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on February 18, 2017, 11:26:37 PM
How bad do you want to go. Call in sick and take it unpaid..Wouldn't be lying you have a sickness   :you_rock: .or depending on how they are tell them your going turkey hunting and take it unpaid...
Well I'm trying not to do that to much since my wife is due end of may.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: ericjames on February 19, 2017, 08:24:24 AM
Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on February 18, 2017, 11:26:37 PM
Well I'm trying not to do that to much since my wife is due end of may.
Congrats on going to be a father. Hunting always comes second to family you have my utmost respect..when you do hunt just make it count by putting your time in if you can. I've also had some really good short hunts and years where business has had to come before pleasure. That's one good thing about O.G. you have the world of turkey hunting at your fingertips when you can't go...

Kylongspur88

Pretty much the only time I get to hunt is on the weekends. I have lots of vacation time, but my schedule is pretty packed.

Happy

I do a lot of my hunting on the weekends. Plus having two boys in baseball and a daughter on a travel volleyball teamtakes a good chunk of that as well. It can still be done. Enjoy the time with your children. You only get so much time with them. I grew up not having a father and am doing my best to make sure they get the best of me. I am not going to be one of those dads sitting back wondering where time went. Congrats on the child.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

catman529

At least you still get to hunt every week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Naylor649

Same boat here. But the past few years end up getting my tags filled in the two days.

Cut N Run

I hope it rains during the week and you get nice weather on weekends.  Good luck & enjoy every hunt you get.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.