OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Adding fiber optic sights

Started by Tsawyer340, February 18, 2017, 08:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsawyer340

Looking to add fiber optic sights to my Versamax. I have been looking at the truglo pro series gobble dot set. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/219733/truglo-pro-series-magnum-gobble-dot-sight-set-fits-remington-shotgun-with-1-4-vent-rib-steel-fiber-optic-red-front-green-rear
Does anyone have experience with these or is there any better options out there?

Gumby

They are good. I prefer Williams Firesights

USMC0331

NYshotgunner

"Don't go pokin' at it, don't over think it"
NRA Life Member, Veteran

Gumby

Tsawyer340

Are the Williams sights easily removed and installed, if I wanna take them off for wing shooting?

Tom Foolery

Gumby

Quote from: Tsawyer340 on February 19, 2017, 09:35:11 PM
Are the Williams sights easily removed and installed, if I wanna take them off for wing shooting?

Very easy. Just a few screws and they come off and on

yella yelper

Another vote for Williams. Quality stuff and user friendly. Check the number of screws when you get it. They shorted me one and promptly sent me a whole set. They said they had a former employee that couldn't count very well.

decoykrvr

I've set up quite a few turkey guns w/ the Williams FireSights and have found them to be extremely durable, easy to adjust and utilize.  Stay away from any of the magnetic or clamp-on sights, plastic, and anything which doesn't utilize screws for mounting to the rib.  The only plastic should be the fiber optics.

j.goebel

I love my truglo magnum gobble dot! It is adjustable for your pattern and all steel construction. It is bright and durable I liked how it fit my Remingtion shotgun.
Justin Goebel

Tsawyer340