OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

POI differences

Started by C.Kimzey95, February 18, 2017, 06:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.Kimzey95

Been doing some shooting today and was wondering what yalls opinion was on something. I wanted to check my POI so I shot a low brass dove load at a dot at 15 yards. All looked well. I started shooting a few different turkey loads at various ranges and quickly noticed that the center of all my patterns was a couple inches to left. I decided to check myself with another dove load and noticed t too was off to the left some like the turkey loads. All shooting was done off a bench and I felt good about all my shots. I then decided to shoot some more dove loads while sitting at the base of a tree as I would if I were hunting. My first shot I noticed I pulled when I shot so I discarded it. My second two shots looked fairly centered to me. Which POI should I trust? Those shot off a bench or those shot from a seated position against a tree? Would they be different due to my shooting position? It sounds kinda silly but if my POA/POI is good sitting down should I be fine with my patterns that were off to the left while I was shooting off a bench?

Happy

I would trust my shooting done without the bench. But more importantly I would work on not flinching and pulling the shot.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

1iagobblergetter

Everything tight on your gun? Choke,forend nut? Cleaning at all between shots? Check all that if maybe you didn't and also did you try shooting a couple of the turkey loads your going to hunt with sitting against the tree? That's mostly important!!!

Greg Massey

Who you need to talk to is ...allaboutshooting on this forum.. i would message him and talk to him...

C.Kimzey95

Cleaned good before and everything was tight. Was going to shoot a turkey load while sitting down but ran short on time today. Just was wondering on opinions about POI differing with shooting positions. Theoretically the way my bench shots were compared to the way my against a tree shots were my turkey load patterns would have been on the money. And I may do that Greg. Love reading all his responses and posts to other people's queations/problems.

1iagobblergetter

It ain't a Benelli is it...Lol...

Greg Massey

I would want my shots from a bench so if i'm on the ground it would give me a little wriggle room...I bench and trust all my guns from a lead sled..

C.Kimzey95

It is indeed ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Greg Massey

Quote from: C.Kimzey95 on February 18, 2017, 06:43:31 PM
It is indeed ????

It is a Benelli ?   Bless you heart...GOOD LUCK

C.Kimzey95

1iagobblergetter

That's easy then...ff3 or scope...lol...been through it have a few of them myself...see what a few others say,but there a pain...

owlhoot

Gotta be a trick somewhere  :help:

1iagobblergetter

Don't have the Nova they might be different all of mine are SBE and Sbe2s.

C.Kimzey95

Too poor to slap either one of those on there right now haha as little as it seems to be off I hope something like a try glo pro gobble dot will fix it.

C.Kimzey95