turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Benelli M2 20 gauge?

Started by rem 300, February 10, 2011, 01:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rem 300

I am going to purchase a Benelli M2 20 and I was wanting some input on chokes and loads to try. And what to have done to the gun if anything such as lengthen the forcing cone or anything in that manner? I will be topping it with a reddot of some sort any info would be appreciated on helping me make a good turkey gun..

Tranz

Believe the Federal HW7 "IS" the shell/load for the 20ga. Consider calling Rob Roberts Custom Gunworks (www.gobblerguns.com) for modification possibilities. Don't be afraid to call Rob...a nicer gentleman you will not find. His shop performs all the modifications for the Benelli Performance Shop Turkey Guns. He performed modifications to my Benelli M4 and Beretta 3901 20ga...to include forcing cone lengthening, fiber optic site install and shot patterning for the best choke selection.

Enjoy your Benelli.

hookedspur

I have and use a M2 20 with a IC 555 and Nitro #7s and it is a MACHINE !!! 180 with a dirty barrel up to 235 with a clean one in a 10" circle @ 40 yds.It shoots the H-13 7s at about 150 - 180.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

rem 300

Thanks for all of the info. hope to put it to use before long

rem 300

Just got my M2 lastnight, now to try to see what works the best. Looking forward to trying it out these little guns are nice.

hookedspur

Tell me something rem 300, doesnt that little gun feel good ???  :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS

rem 300

Quote from: hookedspur on February 13, 2011, 08:21:06 PM
Tell me something rem 300, doesnt that little gun feel good ???  :icon_thumright:

Its awesome, I just ordered me IC .555 choke and 10 rounds of Hevi 13 3'' #7's cant wait to try it!!!

Thanks
Michael

Mainer

I shoot an M2 20gauge as well. I use Heavy 13's, 3" #6's, which are plenty, besides up here in Maine we can't use any smaller shot than that. I have killed birds as far as 55 yards using this load, not that I condone that type of shot, but it is very doable.
This pattern is from a few years ago, 30 yards, and I can't even count how many holes.

hookedspur

Quote from: Mainer on February 27, 2011, 04:35:43 PM
I shoot an M2 20gauge as well. I use Heavy 13's, 3" #6's, which are plenty, besides up here in Maine we can't use any smaller shot than that. I have killed birds as far as 55 yards using this load, not that I condone that type of shot, but it is very doable.
This pattern is from a few years ago, 30 yards, and I can't even count how many holes.

YESSIR
CRUSADERS

rem 300

I hope to get out and pattern mine tomorrow to see what I get out of this combo

Hardtime_NC

My wife shoots a 28" M2 with a Rhino .575 and Nitro 4x5x7's and it is awesome!  Also shoots the Hevi 6's really great.  Killed one stone cold dead at 54 yds last season.

Good Luck
Theres no dollar sign on a piece of mind!

rem 300

Well I just tried the M2 with the Indian Creek .555 with the Hevi #7s amd was very pleased! At 40 yards it put 174 in a 9" circle. the reason for a 9" is because I just traced a paper plate around the pattern. The pattern is perfect left to right with the poi its just a little high..

bodycount

Mainer I just got an M2 this week and I,m just getting it set up. I seen post of your target and would like to no what choke are you using and the size?.

Thanks Kevin

mrlongbeard

I bought my 12 year old daughter a Benelli M2 . She has killed 3 birds so far with it. I shoot a .555 Indian Creek with Hevi 13 #6'S . Remington hd  patterns well also. I am gonna try some Hevi # 7 next, also gonna load some tss and give that a whirl. I might even try to pry it out of her hands this spring and kill a bird with it. Definitely a sweet shooting gun

rem 300

I think I have found my new turkey gun, I hope to field test it a bunch this spring to make sure of it.. I love the way it feels and handles the weight alone is worth alot here in the mountains..