turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Choke cleaner

Started by mossybird, April 07, 2011, 11:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mossybird

What do you guys use to clean the insides of your chokes? I just cleaned out one of my IC chokes and it was total crud coming out of it. I got it all out but what kind of chemical do you think would get the crud out easy? I used a dab a of kroil on it and it was OK. Is there anything out there specific for chokes? Thanks

Kevin

BigPeck215

hoppes 9 or break free clp, work well for me, saturate the inside and let it sit for 15 minutes and run a bronze brush through it

VAlongbeard84

Mossy, Take some shooter's choice solvent or hoppes no. 9, dip a bronze brush in it, run in through the choe a few time to loosen the crud up, and get you some aerosol brake cleaner from wally world, auto parts place, etc. and spray it out. Wipe dry if needed, works like a charm!!!!  :icon_thumright:

mossybird

Thanks to both of yall!

mcgruff1533

I soak my dirty chokes in Acetone which really helps dissolve that nasty plastic residue that can build up in the wad catching rings and ports.

A few passes with denatured alcohol or Shooters choice is all that's needed to finish cleaning my chokes.

SumToy

Should be able to just brush it every few shots.  Now if you let it build you will need to clean it with something else.   
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

ILIKEHEVI-13

I like using Kroil on a brush. 

Gobble!

VAHUNTER

i use Shooters Choice or Butches a brush and pipe cleaners on all my chokes
Good things come to those who wait

apollo11

Take a look at a product called choke shine.  They sell it on the Trulock Choke site. 
Bad decisions make good stories.

archery1

Quote from: VAHUNTER on April 08, 2011, 02:07:58 PM
i use Shooters Choice or Butches a brush and pipe cleaners on all my chokes
me too.  shooters choice with a brass brush..  then follow it up with hoppes os somethin not that powerful.. gets all plastic outta choke and always clean ur ports with pipe cleaners
Take a kid hunting