turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Halloran Limited Edition Box

Started by BABS9, February 16, 2017, 09:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yelpy

Some guys collect them others buy and sell to make a profit. I buy to use them, they are a tool! If the call was bringing $10,000 from the collectors and it was a good tool for the woods it would be in my vest with me regardless of its value.   

yelpy

Quote from: SteelerFan on April 23, 2017, 10:21:43 AM
I can answer all these questions...

I have several box calls - S.S. (x2) / Austin Hornberger / Frozen Crow (Lee)... and a Halloran. I REALLY wanted to like the Halloran, because it's a beautiful call. But I don't. Period.

For my taste, it's ranked at the bottom as my preference. Might as well let someone else enjoy it. Not looking to make a buck.

:icon_thumright:

I am with you on Dave's box calls. They aren't my favorite either. Looks aren't everything.

jed clampett

When I bought the LE box..it was my 1st halloran..i couldn't wait to get it...the 1st few yelps I ran told me..don't buy another..i was really dissappointed..just my opinion

jed clampett

Bowhuntr73

Spitten and drummen

I like davids pot calls for sure . I have owned one halloran box call for a total of 2 days. I have owned and still owned lord knows how many box calls. If they dont make the cut , they have to go.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

BABS9

Agreed if I won't hunt it I don't keep it. Like I said wasn't implying steelerfan was trying to make a buck. Maybe I worded it wrong.

jordanz7935

-Have any of you guys who don't like your Halloran boxes actually contacted him? Most callmakers will make it right if your not happy with a call.Hes always given me good customer service and timely shipping. You guys have to realize he has a 2 person operation, him and his wife, who do a lot of traveling every spring to hunt. I understand some calls just dont live up to expectations. Ive been there believe me. But that's just the risk you take ordering calls from any callmaker, sight unseen.

jed clampett

Well...i love the holster so I will probably keep it..might put both up in classies..not going to ask for another box...don't want another...customer service was a little slow getting the box to me after I paid..i do know it was the wrong time of year

nsselle

I would be curious to see the response if someone called and didn't like the sound of the call. My guess is it would be different from other callmakers or just be resold to another. again, in my opinion its too commercialized.

jed clampett

My guess is it would be resold to another only because when I received my invoice...it said that I had reserved one (which I did)..and if I didn't want it to let them know because the response for them was over whelming!

nsselle

Bowhuntr73

Good sale tactic! Make the demand high but once you pay you are in their hands to when you get the products!! I would think make the LE calls in the off season, then you have around 10 months to get them delivered. Most guys wouldn't care then that it's in not in their hands for the current season. Just my take on it.

jed clampett

When he was offering the LE calls since it was a limited edition of 50 and the time of year it was...i actually thought they were already made..dumb me!!

doublespurs21

did he not come out with these calls around the time of the Nashville show,, that is the time when I got ahold of him to order one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,