OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How many springs ??

Started by BowBendr, February 15, 2017, 07:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylongspur88

wvspitndrum

hobbes

I hadn't seen a wild turkey until I was approximately 16 years old while riding a dirt bike down a forest trail, and I didn't know anyone that turkey hunted until I was 18.  The first turkey hunter I met was a coworker from Missouri.  He didn't hunt too much but his dad talked about it a lot when I went to visit.  Then at 19 I had a classmate in a college literature class.  He knew I hunted whitetails because I talked about it too much (I'm sure my literature teacher was impressed). I can still remember his eyes lighting up when he talked about turkey hunting and told me I had to try it.  I don't remember his name and can barely picture his face.  I don't recall ever meeting him again other than during that semester.  I applied for a tag the following spring, so this will be my 28th spring.

kyturkeyhunter4

HOOKS1

This will be number 49 God willing.

Spurs Up

Hard to believe that it will soon be 40 years and 41 seasons for me. I'm looking forward to the 41st as much as any before. Still some of the most fun I've ever had with my clothes on.

:blob10:

turkaholic

31 and going strong. Started with a one piece woodland camo suit and a 2 3/4" gun with a military boonie hat. What a green horn. One thing that is still the same, I still shake like a rattler every single encounter I have. " Ain't nothin else that gives me this thrill"
live to hunt hunt to live

vman

My first turkey season was in 1981 and haven't missed a spring season yet!

Bolandstrutters

This will be my 15th spring.  Started my junior year of high school, wish id started earlier.  Looking forward to my next 30 years!

Big perm2

I started going with my dad when I was a little boy around the age of 5, she a few birds die with my dads full choke auto Ithaca, I killed my first bird at the age of 10 and haven't stopped since and I can remember my dad dropping me off at our small camp on my spring break during school and hunting by myself all day, learned a lot hunting by myself!! I'm 38 now man how time flys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

catman529

This will be my 8th if you include the one time I went with a friend in 2010. But solo hunting it would be my 7th spring coming up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sps20

Strutr

Greetings, gentlemen.
First post since joining the forum.
50 springs behind me and looking forward to at least another decade chasing longbeards.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Strutr on February 19, 2017, 09:19:29 PM
Greetings, gentlemen.
First post since joining the forum.
50 springs behind me and looking forward to at least another decade chasing longbeards.
Welcome and congrats on 50 springs

Strutr