A long time ago.....
In the woods........
Far........
Far........
Away...
:funnyturkey:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Snuffer

41st spring season, coming up too fast. & it'll be over too damned quick...

greencop01

:camohat:   22 Springs, still consider myself a novice, more behind me than in front of me, but who's counting. As Tom Kelly said '....I'm glad I lived to see it one more time.' We only have so many springs, let 'em in close, enjoy the gobbler comin in, huntin for the hen ! May you all hear the rattle.....
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Gamblinman

Quote from: Strutr on February 19, 2017, 09:19:29 PM
Greetings, gentlemen.
First post since joining the forum.
50 springs behind me and looking forward to at least another decade chasing longbeards.

Congrats are in order, sir. God willing and the creek don't rise, I'll be there in a couple of years!!

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Mazahoochi

18 years ago we bought our house on 11 acres.  I'd never lived anywhere there were turkeys before and didn't know that there were any here, but the spring season had stated so I borrowed a plastic push-pin call and figured it was a good reason to just go sit in the woods.  The owner of the call taught me how to make a yelp.  At daybreak, one sounded off a couple hundred yards away on the neighbor's property.  That was the first gobble I'd ever heard.  Moved to the property line and started calling.  He answered every time I called, but after what seemed like an hour, he shut up.  Little bit later I heard a sharp cluck from somewhere over my shoulder followed by the sound of something running away.  Did not get turned around fast enough to see, but later learned that was called an alarm putt. 
Have still never hunted with anyone else, so the learning curve has been slow.  It has been a blast and I know I've still got lots I can learn - that's where this forum comes in, many thanks to all who're willing to share their knowledge!

Bowguy

Quote from: Strutr on February 19, 2017, 09:19:29 PM
Greetings, gentlemen.
First post since joining the forum.
50 springs behind me and looking forward to at least another decade chasing longbeards.
Welcome n congrats on your 50 years

SwampMoss

I've been "trying" to kill a turkey since around 2007 or so. But only having 2 or 3 chances to go a year in a place with exceptionally few turkeys works against you lol last year I finally gained access to a few acres with a ton of birds around it but hard to get them to leave the big ag fields. Hopefully I get on one this year but I won't be holding my breath ????so I guess this will be 8 springs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpsmag1026

This will be my 21st season.

Tail Feathers

We have some experienced turkey slayers here!
I started in 1999 or 2000, can't recall exactly.  Heck, I didn't even know anyone who had hunted turkeys when I started.  We had some birds where I hunted and it looked fun on TV so I bought a Lynch Foolproof box and some Winchester turkey shells and gave it a try. 
Been hooked since day one. :funnyturkey:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

troutfisher13111

This will be my 23rd

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Techn9cian02

My 9th can't believe it's been that many. I'm not quite 21 yet.

Herb McClure

Hi, fellow turkey hunters. I began turkey hunting in the North Georgia Mountains 60 years ago; 1956 was that year. Killed my first turkey in 1958. This was a originial native turkey that has always lived in the mountains there; on the Blue Ridge WMA.Thankfully I have never missed a season hunting there. In the year of 2012, I wrote and published a book titled; "Native Turkeys and a Georgia Mountain Turkey Hunter", which contains 295 pages of my turkey hunting life. Looking forward to my sixty-one turkey season; in the turkey woods this Spring.

stinkpickle

If my math is correct, this will be #29.

Bowguy

Quote from: Herb McClure on February 20, 2017, 01:49:04 PM
Hi, fellow turkey hunters. I began turkey hunting in the North Georgia Mountains 60 years ago; 1956 was that year. Killed my first turkey in 1958. This was a originial native turkey that has always lived in the mountains there; on the Blue Ridge WMA.Thankfully I have never missed a season hunting there. In the year of 2012, I wrote and published a book titled; "Native Turkeys and a Georgia Mountain Turkey Hunter", which contains 295 pages of my turkey hunting life. Looking forward to my sixty-one turkey season; in the turkey woods this Spring.
God bless you n welcome!

j.goebel

Killed my first bird during an Ohio youth season when I was 15, addicted ever since. I will never forget it my Dad was on the hunt with me. it was the first turkey hunt he was on and he videoed the whole hunt. That was about ten years ago this spring. So I am still a young pup!
Justin Goebel