OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My 20ga 870 build.

Started by Dirtybird552, February 15, 2017, 06:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirtybird552

My 870 started out as a express magnum youth, 21" barrel, plane Jane 20ga. I've had it drill and tapped, weaver rail installed, jelly head max choke, choate's pistol grip stock, truglo triton red dot. Waiting to get a synthetic forend before getting it dipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteelerFan

Greg Massey

Looking good, i don't care for the ported choke. You may want to rethink the choke if your going to shoot Federal HW 7, I'm just a non ported person...

Footballer

Looks gun! What camo are you dipping it in?

Dirtybird552

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 15, 2017, 07:20:19 PM
Looking good, i don't care for the ported choke. You may want to rethink the choke if your going to shoot Federal HW 7, I'm just a non ported person...
Not planning on shooting hvy weight 7's. I'm hoping it likes the new long beards but if not I've got 5 boxes of hevi 6's

Dirtybird552

Quote from: Footballer on February 15, 2017, 09:49:35 PM
Looks gun! What camo are you dipping it in?

I want to do it in realtree original. But I'll prolly just end up going with this because I can get it done locally.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Dirtybird552 on February 15, 2017, 10:19:33 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on February 15, 2017, 07:20:19 PM
Not planning on shooting hvy weight 7's. I'm hoping it likes the new long beards but if not I've got 5 boxes of hevi 6's

Okay....

aeasley10

Quote from: Dirtybird552 on February 15, 2017, 06:04:09 PM
My 870 started out as a express magnum youth, 21" barrel, plane Jane 20ga. I've had it drill and tapped, weaver rail installed, jelly head max choke, choate's pistol grip stock, truglo triton red dot. Waiting to get a synthetic forend before getting it dipped.

What is the length of pull now with that stock?  And did it mount right up flush with a good fit, or did it take some sort of adapter insert?

Dirtybird552

Quote from: aeasley10 on February 17, 2017, 11:58:01 AM
Quote from: Dirtybird552 on February 15, 2017, 06:04:09 PM

What is the length of pull now with that stock?  And did it mount right up flush with a good fit, or did it take some sort of adapter insert?

The length of pull is better for me but I'm 6'1. It has a 1" spacer in front of the butt pad that you can remove. It's bolted fight up with no adapter. I like it a lot and even thought it is larger than the wood stock it feels lighter to me

Dtrkyman

Can you put that gun on a scale?