OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

For those that hunt with Gobbler Lounger type chairs.....

Started by kjnengr, February 14, 2017, 04:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kjnengr

For those of you that tote some kind of chair, I'm looking for ideas how you carry it.  Does everyone pretty much use the bag it came in and just unpack it every time you set up on another spot?  Or have some of you geniuses came up with a better sling idea?

captpete

The chair I got from Walmart has velcro that wraps around it. Loud, but not as loud as taking it out of the bag. I also have one from Cabela's(has a bag). I take it out of the bag at the truck(bag stays in the truck) & put it in the bag with my DSD decoys.

davisd9

I use a small bungee wrapped around it and a rifle sling to carry it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

SteelerFan

The Browning chair comes with a nice long (adjustable) strap already attached. I added a bungee at the feet (attached with a zip-tie) that I wrap around the feet to keep it in the closed position. I throw the strap over my head and chair under left arm. It rides out of the way, and I can still sling carry my shotgun on the right shoulder.

https://www.amazon.com/Browning-Camping-8525014-Strutter-Folding/dp/B007PIRAYE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1487119463&sr=8-3&keywords=browning%2Bcamp%2Bchair&th=1&psc=1

Tennessee Lead

A member here posted pictures of his with backpack straps he had modified.
I done the same with mine after seeing it posted
Works great. Wear the chair just like a backpack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

backforty

I use a duffel bag strap and cross sling it across my back
Print by Madison, on Flickr

brimmyfish

I threw a set of backpack straps from one of my summit climbing treestands on mine. It seemed to work great last season. It rides perfectly centered between my shoulder blades.

MK M GOBL

I made a Paracord sling for my chair, mine is not a lounger but a chair I made 20 some years ago. Still low profile and it slings on my left hip and out of the way of pack. decoy and gun.

MK M GOBL

kjnengr

Ok, so it sounds like a lot of you guys are doing what I was thinking of doing with the bungee and or sling/strap thing.  Does anybody have pictures of their setup?   Thanks for the help guys.

SteelerFan

Quote from: kjnengr on February 15, 2017, 09:43:29 AM
Ok, so it sounds like a lot of you guys are doing what I was thinking of doing with the bungee and or sling/strap thing.  Does anybody have pictures of their setup?   Thanks for the help guys.

i attached the bungee to 1 leg so I wouldn't have to keep looking for it. Or lose it - like I KNOW I would

Duffer58

Steelerfan has setup similar to what I use.  Instead of a regular bungee I use a ball bungee.  For me I can unhook in the dark and let the loop end of the bungee go without worrying about any metal banking against the seat.  I got a bungee long enough to tie it around the legs and still hook up.  On the chairs that had Velcro straps I removed those and went with the ball bungees.  Quieter.
870 SPS SM 23" Barrel / Indian Creek 0.665 / EO Tech 512 & Weatherby SA-459 / Carlson 0.555 / Vortex Venom

MK M GOBL

Quote from: Duffer58 on February 15, 2017, 11:22:11 AM
Steelerfan has setup similar to what I use.  Instead of a regular bungee I use a ball bungee.  For me I can unhook in the dark and let the loop end of the bungee go without worrying about any metal banking against the seat.  I got a bungee long enough to tie it around the legs and still hook up.  On the chairs that had Velcro straps I removed those and went with the ball bungees.  Quieter.

Like this idea for my blind chairs to hold them legs together with the ball bungee!

Thanks for the share

MK M GOBL

DTGobble

I have the Mossy oak one that came from WalMart.  I too use small bungee cords instead of the velcro to help with some of the noise.  It came with a strap, which I use over my shoulder.  The extra comfort is very nice, but I get tired of toting it later in the day, and I find myself dropping it off and picking it up on my way out.   

ChiefBubba

I have a lounger sack that was custom made by a member on here. She sells the call roll ups sometimes on here. I even had them make a sack with a box call and pot call pocket on them for running or long walks. I have one with a decoy sack sewn to it for carry both. I love mine and they have plenty of room in them I drop a couple bottles of water in them. Bubba

kjnengr

Thanks guys.  That's exactly what I'm talking about.  I like the idea of using the ball bungee and having the bungees permanently attached to the seat.