OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My Next 20 Ga Build

Started by Footballer, February 14, 2017, 02:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footballer

I'm still working on my youth 870 and already want to start another one. I think my next one may be the CVA 20 gauge Hunter. They have a thumbhole stock to go with it. I'm thinking drill and tap for sights, replace the stock, thread the barrel for RemChoke, and possible dip/cerakote.

http://cva.com/CVA-Store-View.php?id=925

http://cva.com/CVA-Store-View.php?id=444

Greg Massey

I was thinking of building one of these also, you can find the gun for around 185 dollars. My question is how much barrel length do you think it will loose, to have the thickness needed for threading it for chokes..or will it not loose any barrel length......... Keep me update if you build one...I know different chokes take different barrel size for threading..     I want mine with the Rem chokes...

Footballer

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 14, 2017, 04:15:17 PM
I was thinking of building one of these also, you can find the gun for around 185 dollars. My question is how much barrel length do you think it will loose, to have the thickness needed for threading it for chokes..or will it not loose any barrel length......... Keep me update if you build one...I know different chokes take different barrel size for threading..     I want mine with the Rem chokes...

I'm not sure, but it comes with a 24" barrel so there is some wiggle room.

Dirtybird552

I found one of the Cva scout turkey 20ga recently. It's a sweet little gun. It is already tapped for chokes, has a rail installed for optics, camo stocks. I had big plans for it until I ran up on a deal on a 870 20ga. Now I think I am going to let it go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Footballer

Quote from: Dirtybird552 on February 14, 2017, 08:45:26 PM
I found one of the Cva scout turkey 20ga recently. It's a sweet little gun. It is already tapped for chokes, has a rail installed for optics, camo stocks. I had big plans for it until I ran up on a deal on a 870 20ga. Now I think I am going to let it go.

I'm your man if you want to sell.

MickT

It will be super short considering it basically has no receiver. I think a single shot would make a great 20 gauge build if you can find accessories for it.

Footballer

How's the recoil?

Dirtybird552

Quote from: Footballer on February 15, 2017, 09:37:53 AM

How's the recoil?
Not bad at all. The barrel is a lot thicker than most 20ga's so it helps keep the front end down. My 7 year old handles it fine. The cushy recoil pad helps a lot too. I pm'd you back.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Jknight7 on February 16, 2017, 07:11:54 AM
I'm also very interested in the cva hunter in 20 gauge. My only wonder is cutting and threading a choke, I'll have to call Sumtoy and ask some questions. For the price you could make a sweet little turkey rig for not a whole lot!
Let us know, what you find out, wanting to build one of these also...