Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Looking for feedback.... Crystal Ping **updated sound file!

Started by John Sinclair CustomCalls, February 13, 2017, 10:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Sinclair CustomCalls

***UPDATED AGAIN!!*** outside sound file --> https://youtu.be/rt6qPSRAIhU

***UPDATED*** additional sound file --> https://youtu.be/n1-1zviwjZI

So Will asked me to create something for him to use in competition...

This is the Crystal Ping.

It's a completely new pot design for piercing cutting and yelps. It will reach out long distance through the stiffest of winds.

Here's the link to the sound clip on YouTube.... https://youtu.be/8BDcU_SCjMU. I'll try to upload pics below.

I'd like to hear your honest feedback. I don't have any for sale yet and I'm curious if anyone would be interested.
Thanks in advance.... John

870BkWht

Definitely a different sound than the rest of your calls, but maybe just a touch too screechy?  To high pitched in the second note of the yelp, like nails on a chalk board kinda.

It sounds good, despite what I typed above.  I liked it better than the cherry crystal you posted earlier this year.  It has more of rasp and nasal bark that's more typical of crystal.  The cherry crystal was missing that.

I hope I didn't offend you with my opinion

Heck no I'm not offended! This is what I'm looking for! It's always a gamble when you change your pot design inside or out.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: MDTOM84 on February 14, 2017, 05:50:27 AM
I personally think it's one of your best sounding pots. If you could bring down the real high pitched front end, to me it would be perfect!

x2. I will agree with this.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: MDTOM84 on February 14, 2017, 05:50:27 AM
I personally think it's one of your best sounding pots. If you could bring down the real high pitched front end, to me it would be perfect!
QuoteX3 Right at the first part of yelp like was said is to screechy,and after that it's golden...

EZ

Man I love it just the way it is. If you built that to cut the wind I'd say you nailed it. I LOVE the high pitched front end and the rasp.  :icon_thumright:

davisd9

Where is the call being played?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

TauntoHawk

kinda like a long box with that overly piercing high note, I'm sure it'd drag a few responses out of some reluctant gobblers when it cuts the air
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Clardh

X3 Right at the first part of yelp like was said is to screechy,and after that it's golden...

X4 to me there is a unnatural begining sound. It is super high pitched and doesn't sound natural. The rest like the others have said sound great.

blake_08

i think it sounds great. A little different, but i really like it.   :z-winnersmiley:

scoot12

In my opinion by far your best sounding pot.

Techn9cian02

BowBendr

That call is a killer !
I hear lots of hens that carry that high front end when they're getting on with it.
Really nice back end on it too, I'd hunt it in a heartbeat  :icon_thumright:

SteelerFan

Sounds really good John. I also notice that high pierce, like crystal that is starting to slip before you condition... but I'm not sure if its a deal breaker. Curious to hear outside and / or different striker.

Nice work as always!