turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hooks mouth call

Started by Bowguy, February 12, 2017, 06:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Got an order of Hooks calls the other day. Been busy n haven't had a chance to mess w em. Tonight I popped a few in to run. Grabbed a couple calls I'd never messed w. I was pretty happy w the Heartthrob. Haven't ever heard anyone mention that call but it's a good one

Bowguy

Sorry guys I just saw the other hooks thread n heart throb is mentioned

SteelerFan

Just placed an order myself.

Re-upped on the Excutioner II & Swindler

Trying out the Persuader & Heartthrob for 1st time.

Wanted to order before they headed to convention. They'll be off Feb 14-21

BottomLand54

I got 9 of there different mouth calls and haven't found a bad one yet, I really like the 3 in the hunter pack, hooks calls just fit, there easy to run, and they just flat out work. Sometimes it's hard to find what the birds like..... It may sound good to you but not to him!

Rzrbac

I've always been a Primos and Woodhaven fan. Just got a few Hooks and really liked them. I got a heartthrob and a 4 reed v. Got an Executioner 2 and a 3 reed V coming. If the next two sound as good as the first 2 it will be the most of any brand I've bought and not pitched at least one in the trash. 

I noticed they are made in Batesville, AR. I usually do a bow shoot or two down there so they're not far from home.

bowbird87

I just ordered 3 from Midwest they got here today. After reading post on here I was excited, after playing them for a minute or so each I was very disappointed. I consider myself decent on a diaphragm and I couldn't even get a turkey sound from them. They are really thick, but seem way to small for my mouth. Part of experimenting I guess.

Bowguy

Quote from: bowbird87 on February 28, 2017, 09:47:26 PM
I just ordered 3 from Midwest they got here today. After reading post on here I was excited, after playing them for a minute or so each I was very disappointed. I consider myself decent on a diaphragm and I couldn't even get a turkey sound from them. They are really thick, but seem way to small for my mouth. Part of experimenting I guess.
Brother you gotta order direct from Hooks n ask for larger tape if that's what you want. I can use the smaller size but prefer the larger

bbcoach

Quote from: bowbird87 on February 28, 2017, 09:47:26 PM
Bird, Pick up your phone and call Scott directly at the shop (870) 793-6141.  Tell him what problems you are having and I'm sure he'll make it right.  I'll bet the calls are cut too small for your mouth.  Hooks calls don't have as much tape on them as most calls do.  They are cut smaller.  When I buy another call, I use my Hook's calls as a template to trim tape from others to match the Hook's.  Great guy, great company and great calls. 

Bowguy

The regular tape is plenty big. Even ordering on hooks website you just put full size tape in notes

tha bugman

Executioner and the Executioner II are both awesome calls

varmint101

Been running them last 3-4 years.  I like them quite a bit!

Cottonmouth

I ordered a couple spare executioner 2's the other day and Scott recommended the game changer 3. That thing is all turkey. I'm very impressed.

kdsberman

Quote from: Cottonmouth on March 15, 2017, 07:13:31 PM
I ordered a couple spare executioner 2's the other day and Scott recommended the game changer 3. That thing is all turkey. I'm very impressed.

I should be getting my Game Changer 3 in the mail today myself.  Can't wait to try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tha bugman

Quote from: kdsberman on March 16, 2017, 07:15:03 AM
Quote from: Cottonmouth on March 15, 2017, 07:13:31 PM

I should be getting my Game Changer 3 in the mail today myself.  Can't wait to try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well now I want one!

bornagain64

I have been using Hooks calls for about 5 years now. I Usually just run the Executioner 1 and 2. This year I also ordered an Game Changer 3 and am loving it.

I have ordered or picked up Hooks calls from other places and was not as satisfied with them as much as ordering direct from Scott.  Not sure if they sat in a truck or warehouse somewhere and just wore down, or how old they where. The heat can not be good for them.