OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

WTB Buice Trumpet

Started by eorlando, February 09, 2017, 01:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eorlando

Just like the title says. Looking for a Buice trumpet. I know it might be a long shot but figured it was worth posting. If I don't find one on here I will call him. Thanks

davisd9

Good luck, if you call and he has what you want in stock you can have it in a few days new. Be very surprised if you find one any cheaper than his asking prices, they hold their value as they are a top of the line trumpet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

eorlando

Quote from: davisd9 on February 09, 2017, 01:58:22 PM
Good luck, if you call and he has what you want in stock you can have it in a few days new. Be very surprised if you find one any cheaper than his asking prices, they hold their value as they are a top of the line trumpet.

That's what I figured. I don't really have anything in mind. Maybe some of the experts have some wood types they can recommend. I am new to this trumpet thing...

Daddy rat

What's his contact information?

troutfisher13111

Quote from: eorlando on February 09, 2017, 02:17:02 PM
Quote from: davisd9 on February 09, 2017, 01:58:22 PM

That's what I figured. I don't really have anything in mind. Maybe some of the experts have some wood types they can recommend. I am new to this trumpet thing...
African blackwood, ironwood, and Cocobolo are my favorites and all look nice too

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

davisd9

I have the Osage Orange.  I am a big fan of the African Blackwood and cocobolo.  Call Mr. Buice, tell him kind of what you want, and he can set you up, he is the expert.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

1iagobblergetter

I personally don't think you could go wrong with anything he makes. I have several of his boxcalls and trumpets and they are all great...

nitro

Billy won't build a call from Cocabola anymore.

If you call him and leave a message- be patient. He has a family issue that is keeping him busy right now.
Royal Slam 2008

vaplowboy

eorlando

Quote from: nitro on February 09, 2017, 04:19:59 PM

If you call him and leave a message- be patient. He has a family issue that is keeping him busy right now.
Thanks. I called him and left a message. I'm just waiting to hear back now. I appreciate all the information

greentag

good luck on getting one,i really love all the ones i have,i have a desert iron wood,an old growth lignum vitae,and a pink ivory.if i had to just pick one out of the ones i have it would probably be the pink ivory,it was an exceptional piece of wood he had put back for something special and forgotten about it,i had it made with a copper ferrell and an ivory cap,i also got #'s 2,3,and 4 mouthpieces made out of ivory for it.it is by far my most cherrished call i have,not only is it beautiful but it sounds amazing too,but all of the ones i have from him sound amazing.i would say just pick what wood that you really like the looks of and get that,you can be certian it will be an awesome sounding trumpet.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Andy I've heard of other callmakers not using Cocobolo anymore.  What is the reason for this? 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

greentag

billy is allergic to it...

nitro

Cocabola, Rosewood and other similar oily, tropical woods contain quinones. The dust and oils can cause allergic reactions - respiratory and/ or skin issues. Breathing in or contact with the wood dust creates problems for quite a few folks.

Billy cannot turn Cocabola any longer as he is highly allergic to it.

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on February 09, 2017, 06:07:48 PM

Andy I've heard of other callmakers not using Cocobolo anymore.  What is the reason for this?
Royal Slam 2008

hunter22

Here's my favorite Buice trumpet. My buddy drenalinld on here bought some really nice Snakewood from Preacherman at Unicoi and sent it to Billy for him to make a couple trumpets. Good quality Snakewood is getting hard to find and Billy did not have any.