OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Copper Pot

Started by Cutt, February 08, 2017, 07:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixbird

I've tried a number of copper pots and the one I like best by far is one by a newer maker on here who goes by Mossyhorn2. His company is called Bearded Hen Turkey Calls. I just happened to pick one up at the UNICOI show and found I liked it more each time I played it.
It's got a phenomenal kee and equally as impressive raspy yelp. Purrs are easy and realistic.
The makers name is Scott and his wife is Lora. Couldn't meet nicer people and, like I say, that little pot is an exceptional copper.
For the record, I was never a fan of copper because I couldn't be consistent with them. This one changed all of that...
Scott's number is 1-574-207-3520. Give him a try...I think you'll be pleasantly surprised...   :turkey:

MikeStaten

Not a big fan of copper but the best one I've played was John Sinclair's in cocobolo pot.

M,Yingling

Quote from: cutt down on February 09, 2017, 11:26:38 AM
This guy says Mike Yingling.......... :funnyturkey:

great bird Tim  congrats on that record
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

cutt down

mastevt

Quote from: Cutt on February 08, 2017, 07:28:37 PM
Not sure why more call makers don't make their calls easier to purchase for us old school folks?

To answer that question, A lot of us Call makers, including myself, do this call making as a hobby, on our spare time, on our days off or after work.  Having a website to order calls, means money to have and maintain the site.  Means you have to have money invested in inventory.  Also means your probably going to want to advertise.  For me, that just drives up the cost of the call.  That said, using facebook is an excellent way to share your work, but exposes you to groups, that were started by enthusiast's, with a particular passion, like turkey hunting.  I belong to several turkey related groups on FB, and having done so, have sold quite a few calls.  Its an outlet for my calls, since I don't advertise, other than donating to a lot of NWTF banquets.  Nothing wrong with being old school.  I'm sort of that way myself, and at one time didn't want to join FB.  It has been a nice tool for me, and I have met a lot of friends on there that are also call makers.  Some of which we have helped each other out in various ways.  From providing call blanks, to advise on building a call, to vendors to purchase supplies.  To me, FB is a tool, just like this place, and several other forums I frequent.  I'll post up, contribute conservatively where I can help, make a few friends where I can, and maybe sell a couple calls.  Hope this answers your question.  Scott.

Roost Wrecker

I try to make it easy to buy. I build a lot of different calls and I Keep very few on hand. I like to build to order. I post calls on Facebook and use it as an advertising tool. I also pay for a website that I built myself and try to update often. I sell very few from the website and often question is it even worth Keeping it?

HFultzjr

Copper Pot call is spelled "Mike Yingling".
:drool: