turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Copper Pot

Started by Cutt, February 08, 2017, 07:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cutt

Looking to add a copper pot this year, a surface I do not have. Two that are ready available which I can order are Ron Clough Viper or Darrell Hall Bocote. Anyone have any opinions on these? I'm not one to buy several calls in the same material, so looking for a decent one. I always figured with any decent surface one can switch up strikers for a wide range of sounds, vs buying several of the same surface? 

Guess I'm old school as I don't get on Face Book or really even want to call just to order. As these two are readily available which I can just order on line. Not sure why more call makers don't make their calls easier to purchase for us old school folks?

BABS9

Get ahold of Mike Yingling on here. Great guy and I haven't heard or played a better copper pot.

eorlando

Get in touch with Mike Yingling on here. I just picked up a cast copper pot of his and really like it. There were 2 posted in the classifieds last week but they got snatched up pretty quick.

beakbuster10

Another note for Yingling. I am sitting on the couch playing with a copper/slate two sider I recently got from him. Awesome calls and fantastic guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JLH

Cooper is one of my favorite surfaces...and I've had several.

My absolute favorite is Sinclairs 3 1/4" copper over slate, in a cocobolo pot.....have yet to find a call that can match it.

Fieldturkey

Ricky Padgett (spring allure custom calls) makes a fine copper pot. I've got a lot of copper pots and his copper/glass is my favorite.

buzzardroost

I have a Sinclair that is top notch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Naylor649

That hybrid wood looks awesome! Yet to strike a copper pot yet though.

outdoors

HES ON HERE AS Daryl REAL NICE CALL........
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

lmbhngr

Jack "pappy" Lewis made one for me. I called in a 4 yr old bird last year for my son with his copper pot.

Dr Juice

Quote from: eorlando on February 08, 2017, 07:44:46 PM
Get in touch with Mike Yingling on here. I just picked up a cast copper pot of his and really like it. There were 2 posted in the classifieds last week but they got snatched up pretty quick.

:agreed: I'm very happy with my call as well.

Fisherman42

Daryl Slaton makes an awesome copper pot. One of the few that don't sound like your playing an old hollow drum.

cutt down

This guy says Mike Yingling.......... :funnyturkey:

wvmntnhick

Another vote for Yingling.

MG150

I have a Yingling ,Larry Gresser and Kruer,all sound a little different.Mike Yingling usually has calls on here to sell.If all you want to do is order one look up Larry Gressers website Prairie Game Calls.He has some of the best looking calls I've seen him have.His signature Cocobolo Pot is in stock.