turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Halloran tough choices!

Started by RiverRoost, February 07, 2017, 07:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

So I bought a wenge/walnut and the crystal mistress last year and both sound great but something keeps drawing me back to the Metal Mouth! Never heard it other than sound files so what's yalls take!

Bowguy

Quote from: RiverRoost on February 07, 2017, 07:52:38 PM
So I bought a wenge/walnut and the crystal mistress last year and both sound great but something keeps drawing me back to the Metal Mouth! Never heard it other than sound files so what's yalls take!
Something  will be drawing you to different calls your whole life!

jordanz7935

Metal mouth is definitely a good sounding call, can't go wrong! I was on the fence about a new pot from him this yr but decided to try one of his purpleheart\cedar box calls. I got it yesterday and it sounds awesome!! Pure turkey. Id highly recommend it!I'm a pot call guy 100% but Im very glad I got this box call over another pot. I know he usually comes out with a new or limited edition pot call this time of year, so you might want to wait and see what he comes out with before you decide.

Bowguy

His Purple Heart/cedar box is a good one. Runs real easy n sounds great. I like his mistress, sugar town sweetness n laminate slate best

Jgarrett

I know he kills most of his turkeys with the twisted sister and a ph cedar box, from what I've been told
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

Spitten and drummen

owned one and sold it. own a twisted sister and its still here. I must be the exception , because i honestly didnt like the sound. It will call turkeys no doubt , but i didnt really have as good of responses as i have with the sister where i hunt.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

ZachH28

I have the Metal Mouth and I love it!! If you are looking for a change up call I would highly recommend picking one up. It is a a little more raspy on the front end than the sister and the mistress, and has a popping rollover.

Full strut

I personally don't think it gets better than a crystal mistress for a huntin call

Tombo

I've never ran a Halloran that wasn't pure turkey

ncwoodsman

My favorites to date are the Twisted Sister and his Purple Heart/cedar box call. Like stated above, all his calls are quality looking calls and sound great.

vt35mag

Twisted Sister is my favorite pot of his with the Metal Mouth right behind it.

Ol Yelper

His ceramic is also a good call and easy to run.

Naylor649

I've yet to run one of his calls I didn't like. But twisted sister is my favorite go to

Fieldturkey

His double glass is a strait up meat call. It doesn't get enough love in my opinion.

OHturkey85

The Mistress is my favorite it has pulled in more than a few birds to the gun for me. I also have had good luck with his aluminum and ceramic! I have a ebony/poplar box coming from him soon that I can't wait to get!