North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Started by guesswho, February 06, 2017, 09:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

Hope 51 is better than all the others. Good luck and thanks for sharing.

Hooksfan

I have to say I almost did not open the thread because I, too, get turned off by the number crunchers, but then I saw who the OP was and I remembered the content of his post and knew it wasn't what it at first appeared. Glad I opened it. Great post.
I'm a few years behind you, but I'm hoping my son will one day be able to look back with such fondness as you enjoyed as a kid. That, in essence, is what this is all really about.

THattaway

Great write up. You've been blessed and obviously appreciate it for what it is. Numbers? Ha, the man uses buckets!

"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Bowguy

Way to look at the past. Great story

Meadow Valley Man

I carried my father's last Missouri gobbler out of the woods in 2001, our 17th year hunting together in Missouri. My brother and I still make the trip, and I always begin my hunt on Dad's favorite ridge. I stop by the tree we used to lean against while waiting for the first gobble of the day, and later in the morning I will visit a scenic overlook where we used to eat a breakfast bar and drink a juice box.

For those who are still lucky enough to hunt with a parent or child, treasure every minute.  The memories you make now will last forever.

trkehunr93

Heres to 51 more!

Dtrkyman

I believe my first spring was 1990, so this will be my 27th...wow, still just as excited as the first.  Hope to see 51 as you have.

I am sure 51 will be as good as the rest!!!

M Sharpe

You need me to come tote ya gun ol' timer?? I promise not to point it at anybody...except a turkey.  ;D
Congrats on some fine hunts Ronnie. Hope you have a bunch more!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Happy

Congrats on half a century with the ones you love. Your a lucky man.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

turkaholic

Good going, keep it up. 30 years for my son and I. Still smell the smoke
live to hunt hunt to live

Cut N Run

I hope there's plenty more in your future.  Great post.  Made me think of past hunts.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.