OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lonzo stoned aluminum

Started by Techn9cian02, February 05, 2017, 01:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techn9cian02

What would be the best pot for one of lonzos stoned aluminums? And what would the price be roughly?

Bowguy

Don't know what the best pot is. Mine is orange agate n sounds awesome. Think they're about 70 bucks w shipping. If you go to acrylic add around 35 bucks

hunter22

I think Lon can make any of them sound great. I have a Padauk and a black acrylic stoned aluminum from him and I would hunt either one. He recommended the Padauk stoned aluminum over aluminum and I am glad he did.

sixbird

I have a stoned aluminum over glass in a cocobola pot. I don't know that you could get a better one. That said, I played a bunch of his at UNICOI and every one sounded phenomenal...

slwayne

I just ordered a stoned aluminum over aluminum in a cocobolo pot last week.  $77 including shipping.

Spitten and drummen

I ordered one in Padauk last week. I have a yellowheart and a zircote in anodized and the yellowheart is a hard one to beat. I talked to Lon and he recommended Padauk or Alverez Goncola with the stoned. He knows what sounds I like as I have a dozen pot calls from him . I trust his judgement.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

rbreedi1

I ordered a Padauk about 3 weeks ago, after Lon suggested it along with Goncalo Alves, and East Indian Rosewood. He said it was $65 plus shipping.
Thunder Ridge Totes

sixbird

Quote from: sixbird on February 09, 2017, 09:23:10 PM
I have a stoned aluminum over glass in a cocobola pot. I don't know that you could get a better one. That said, I played a bunch of his at UNICOI and every one sounded phenomenal...

After reading the posts, I took a closer look at my call and turns out it's stoned aluminum over aluminum...I bought it because I liked the sound and not even sure if I asked Lon about materials...In any event, great call as are all of Lon's.