OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which Lonzo? Or maybe a Hanks?

Started by Ol Yelper, February 04, 2017, 08:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ol Yelper

I'm looking to place an order from Midwest soon and can't decide on which pot call to order. Narrowed it down to Lonzo's Redheart Glass, his Yellowheart Crystal, or maybe the Hanks Zebrawood Glass. What do you guys think? Thanks!

Bowhuntr73

I really like Lonzo's redheart. I have a few from him and it's definitely a keeper!

Clardh

You'll be happy with any of those calls. Sorry to give you such a vanilla answer but I have both Lonzos and Hanks and I love them both. If you really want to be confused think about a Hollaran Crystal Mistress. I know...I know...no help at all!!!

Jgarrett

That hanks zebrawood deserves a look, there's a reason it won so many awards last year
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

3bailey3

Don't order from Midway when you can call either call maker and ask them to help you, I like both but the Hanks just a litte more.

Bowguy

Calling the maker will give you many more options. I'd personally call Lonzo

870BkWht

Both Trice and Hanks make a great pot call.  Both have been DD Adams winners.  I feel like either way your money will be well spent. 

I just recently sold a Trice crystal over aluminum.  I had that call for about a year and then I bought the Hanks Zebrawood Glass over Aluminum.  I immediately knew I would hunt the hanks more. 

Soundfile of the Hanks for you to hear.

https://soundcloud.com/ben-helms-2/hanks-zebra-glass-over-aluminum

Ol Yelper

Thanks to all you guys. Was leanin toward the Lonzo then I heard that Hanks soundfile from 870, and by the way great callin my friend. I think I'll talk to both and maybe give a call to Jimmy Shaffer to. I can see three new ones in my vest this spring!

870BkWht

Quote from: Ol Yelper on February 06, 2017, 07:15:49 PM
Thanks to all you guys. Was leanin toward the Lonzo then I heard that Hanks soundfile from 870, and by the way great callin my friend. I think I'll talk to both and maybe give a call to Jimmy Shaffer to. I can see three new ones in my vest this spring!

You wont go wrong with a call from any of those guys. 

sixbird

I'd call all of them. They'll all play what they have for you over the phone. Not familiar with the Hanks, but Jimmy Schaffer and Lon Trice are two of the best in the business. My favorite Schaffer is glass over slate and aluminum over aluminum. My favorite Lonzo is stoned Aluminum over glass.

Spitten and drummen

Lon Trice , Brad Roberts and Kimmey Hanks make some of the finest pots you can get. They are all 3 great down to earth guys that will make sure you get what you want. Before your done , you most likely will have at least one from each of them.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

sixbird

Quote from: sixbird on February 09, 2017, 09:19:26 PM
I'd call all of them. They'll all play what they have for you over the phone. Not familiar with the Hanks, but Jimmy Schaffer and Lon Trice are two of the best in the business. My favorite Schaffer is glass over slate and aluminum over aluminum. My favorite Lonzo is stoned Aluminum over glass.

Have to modify my answer a bit. Lonzo fav. would be Stoned aluminum over aluminum...