turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Trumpet or wingbone

Started by sbbow, February 04, 2017, 01:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbbow

Which is easier to play as this would be my first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troutfisher13111

I personally find the trumpet easier to play than wingbones. After you get efficient with one though, the wingbone is an easy transition. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

KentuckyHeadhunter

Trumpet. More versatility and like Terry said it will help you with other suction calls.  I actually like cane yelpers and Jordan style yelpers even more than wingbones.  But trumpets first and foremost.  Everyone is different.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

M Sharpe

If a guy can PLAY an air operated call, it shouldn't make one iota of difference.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Will

Quote from: M Sharpe on February 04, 2017, 02:43:18 PM
If a guy can PLAY an air operated call, it shouldn't make one iota of difference.

Yup

sbbow

Fellas I've never tried to play any type before so don't know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SwampRooster17

Trumpet

chefrific

Go on and get one of each. If you are like most of us you'll end up with both eventually.  Trumpet seems easier to run than a bone to me, but if you can run one you can run the other.   

boatpaddle

A trumpet for sure, if your starting out learning to run these types of calls....
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

paboxcall

Quote from: boatpaddle on February 04, 2017, 06:46:36 PM
A trumpet for sure, if your starting out learning to run these types of calls....

:agreed:

This was my firsthand experience.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

davisd9

I agree that if you can play one you can play either, but I would say that a good trumpet is easier to start out on.

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Greg Massey

I've been learning and playing the Trumpet the last few months. i'm getting better...lol ...you can teach a old man new tricks ...lol...

misfire

It would depend on the wingbone, whether it was a hen bone or gobbler IMO. I will say there is more versatility in a trumpet and it is easier for me to teach someone on a trumpet than on a wingbone.  Once you get the trumpet figured out, you will want a wingbone and a cane. Just a warning ;D
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

EZ

I agree, but will add, not all Trumpets, Wingbones or Jordans are created equal. Getting a suction type call from a maker who has a reputation for building easy to run calls pays great dividends.

davisd9

Quote from: EZ on February 08, 2017, 07:12:30 AM

I agree, but will add, not all Trumpets, Wingbones or Jordans are created equal. Getting a suction type call from a maker who has a reputation for building easy to run calls pays great dividends.

Very true!

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer