OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Preston Pittman Star Dot Choke Tube

Started by kyturkeyhunter4, February 04, 2017, 12:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyturkeyhunter4

Got a question for you guys, is the Preston Pittman Star Dot choke tube .676 the same choke as the original star dot just package different.

dirt road ninja

kyturkeyhunter4

wvmntnhick

I don't have a star dot choke at all but it seems that all the guys that do have agreed that the star dot chokes haven't changed anything other than the label. Again, I can't swear to it but that's at least what most have said. Others have said that the new ones didn't shoot the same but honestly, I've had the same brand/model tube shoot differently in the same gun. I think tubes are sometimes like ammo. Sometimes you win, other times you lose. Good luck with yours.

Swather

Star Dots have been discussed at length in the gun & choke subforum.  Colonial used to make them, and there was info in those discussions about Colonial Star Dots and what Colonial made after the split.

tha bugman

I remember getting mine at Wal-Mart and a box of Federal Grand Slam 3.5" #5's that were awesome in my 870 Super Mag!

Cottonmouth

I was talking to Preston a couple of years ago and he told me he was in the process of designing a new choke that has a more gradual constriction.  I haven't talked to him since then