turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cluck and purr pot

Started by Browning87, January 31, 2017, 08:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Browning87

Looking to buy a cluck and purr pot. Looking for some feedback on what everyone likes
Thanks,
Brandon

Bowguy

jed clampett

I see hanks has got something new out

Jbird22

If it gets any more real than Sadler's cluck/purr pot it'll have feathers!

PALongspur

Mark Cornelius makes a purr pot that fits nicely in a shirt pocket.

You also can't go wrong with the Tree Talker from Roger Parks.

JLH

Sadlers pot has the depth and hollowness of the real thing.

A purr pot should actually be a pot......imo.....not a slate on a board.

Dr Juice

A slate is the way to go IMO. Give a Mike Yingling a try ... he never disappoints a customer for sure. His calls are all turkey  :turkey2:

Browning87

Thanks guys, after listening to Sadler's on YouTube I talked with him and got one ordered

Bowguy

[/quote]

W a "slate on a board" as you call it, they may not have the depth but they're easier to carry. Not trying to sway your opinion but just some things for new folks to think about. You actually make the "pot" or sound chamber w your hands or body like old calls used to do.
It's only my opinion but I've run the bigger two names in the purr pots as well as some "boards" n to me the pot less designs besides being way easier to carry sound better. Again that's only me n we all have a little dif ear

MikeStaten

Quote from: Bowguy on February 01, 2017, 10:20:50 AM

W a "slate on a board" as you call it, they may not have the depth but they're easier to carry. Not trying to sway your opinion but just some things for new folks to think about. You actually make the "pot" or sound chamber w your hands or body like old calls used to do.
It's only my opinion but I've run the bigger two names in the purr pots as well as some "boards" n to me the pot less designs besides being way easier to carry sound better. Again that's only me n we all have a little dif ear
[/quote]

Agreed.  Schaffer's tear drop takes a little practice but once you have it down, it sounds really good.

Happy hooker

WOW,,the Lonnie Sneed lonesome hen can cluck, nice hollow pop,,I have two now small little calls that take up no room in vest.
Google the lonesome hen youtube and listen to the clucks.

chefrific

Russel Beard makes a great cluck and purr pot.  Beardhunter calls.

mmclain

Sadler is great I've had one for 12+ years