turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Got my 7mm08 back from cerekote

Started by reynolds243, January 30, 2017, 03:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reynolds243

I have been looking for a new dip/cerekote guy for a while now because I usually get a lot of work done on stuff. Can't lie I really like a more custom look on all my guns lol.

I met Mike though a buddy from old gobbler that I've been friends with a long while.  Decided to send him my browning eclipse hunter to do his thing on. Told him the colors I wanted and what I was thinking design wise and then let him make his own call on anything he thought might make it pop even more.  Mike runs a 2 man shop in PA and has a day job outside of this. Having said that I CANNOT say enough about how awesome of a guy he and Chas are and they go above and beyond on their work.  Mike would always call or text me right back if I sent him a message. Heck we traded text a lot of nights just talking guns and life. 

The time and detail they did to my gun was amazing even down to doing a gold inlay to the browning symbol on the trigger guard. Mike custom jeweled the bolt and it's absolutely stunning to look at.  There isn't a flaw on the gun I can find anywhere and I am VERY ocd about my guns.  Also to add the price is well below most all shops I have found and I can guarantee no one takes more time to detail every inch of the gun they work it. It was a true pleasure to deal with them and they will be getting all my stuff going forward.

Just to add the type of guy he is. I forgot to mention I wanted my mag done to match and didn't even send it. After I got the gun back I text Mike about sending it to him to do and he is gonna just do it for free no problem as he was about to do another gun in the sniper grey so he would have some leftover he can apply to mine.

Seriously if your in the market or been thinking about getting something done just call Mike or Chas and talk to them for a while and you will see what I'm saying. They also do dipping if that's what you want. ** disclaimer** I didn't get any discount or anything special that others would get for writing this. Just passing on info for a company I found that really likes what they do, does a dang good job doing it, and really care about customers which is a hard combo to find these days

Gun was done in sniper grey and graphite black. Did the scope to match as well.

Mike Geyer
+1 (814) 410-4020

http://www.gsufinishworx.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

Roost 1

Looks good bud...needs to say Roll Tide on it somewhere tho

reynolds243

Quote from: Roost 1 on January 30, 2017, 03:39:24 PM

he told me that would be extra so I left it off for now hahaha. It would be money well spent though IMO if i had it

SteelerFan

That is nice!!! I'm a big fan of the '08 too.  :icon_thumright:

TauntoHawk

Love that caliber and thats one of the sharpest looking ones I've ever seen.. making me all jealous over here with my scratched and beat 08
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mgm1955

nitro

Very nice work on a super nice rifle!!
Royal Slam 2008

TNReb

Quote from: Roost 1 on January 30, 2017, 03:39:24 PM

Don't encourage his ignorance... :)

JK Spurs

Very nice....are these guys in Johnstown PA?
I like my turkey well peppered

Swampchickin234

Now that right there is one fine piece of shootin equipment.   That is saaaweeeeeettt!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kyturkeyhunter4

kjnengr

Thanks for the reference, reynolds.  I am looking to have my deer rifle coated during this off season. 

vaturkey

Vaturkey