turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Alps Grand Slam Vest

Started by longbeardbuster, January 27, 2017, 09:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbeardbuster

Doesn't anyone have this vest? If so how do you like it? When it comes to size regular or XL. I'm on the bigger size 6 foot 260. Thanks for any answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbcoach

A friend of mine just ordered this vest.  I looked it over and tried it on yesterday.  Excellent quality.  Double stitched quality fabric.  Plenty of storage for calls etc.  The backrest and seat have more than ample padding.  As for your question about fit, each side and front has two interlocking straps that adjust in and out to accommodate various size mid sections.  I am 6 foot and 225 lbs and I didn't have a problem with the vest adjustments but if an individual has a big mid section, I would suggest trying one on.  I do believe they come in 2 sizes though, regular and XL.  In my opinion, this is a very well built, well laid out, quality vest for $79.99 at Midway.  Since I didn't get to use it in the field, a couple of things that I noticed that caught my attention was the seat is held up in the back with 2 plastic interlocking clips that are hard to get too when you have the vest on and the kickstand back rest leg adjustments are hard to adjust also with the vest on.  I'm wondering if this vest was meant to be taken off and setup when you reach a hunting spot.  Only time in the woods would answer this. 

StrutStopper_71

Just received mine from midway on Friday very good quality and I like the layout also.
The concern over the clips that hold the seat you can unlatch them because it is also magnetic,
so while hunting you need not worry about the clips.

It is very comfortable while the legs are out, and the back rest seems really sturdy. Ready to give it a try in the woods.

SKFOOTER

I have 2 of this year's model Grand Slam vest in Mossy Oak Bottomland with the tags still attached if anyone is interested in one of them.  $100 shipped.

longbeardbuster

Quote from: SKFOOTER on January 30, 2017, 10:42:22 AM
I have 2 of this year's model Grand Slam vest in Mossy Oak Bottomland with the tags still attached if anyone is interested in one of them.  $100 shipped.
What size?

SKFOOTER

The Bottomland version only comes in regular size but I'm 6' 2" and 240 and with the adjustable buckle straps I have plenty of room. 

tha bugman

Just seemed too heavy for my tastes but to each his own.

Cove

I just received this vest. I like it. There will be ALOT of changes made to it before the season but this vest is what it will start as. It's very close in pocket layout to the tactical tator. I got rid of the frame, it's of no use to me. The material seems like it will last a long time without fading (my complaint with the tator). The seat is junk, you'll have to replace it. Mine will be getting the tator "speed seat". The adjustments for fit are excellent. I think it's going to be nice with the side buckles to be able to cinch the vest down so it will not flop when walking in a rush. It has adequate pockets but may not make those that carry the kitchen sink happy. The rear game bag is enormous. It needs buckles to keep it folded neatly without the frame for structure but the extra room will be nice for those who carry their birds in there.

Fieldturkey

I just got one today and I THINK I'm going to like it. It's very well made. Time will tell

SKFOOTER

Quote from: SKFOOTER on January 30, 2017, 10:42:22 AM
No longer available.

longbeardbuster

Talked to Alps and they said the XL would fit me better. Incase anyone else comes across this posting and needs sizing help.

trefalga

I ordered and tried both the Alps and the Tenzing - went with the Tenzing

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mizzouhntr

Amazon has the standard size on sale for $79

Mizzouhntr

Meant to add with free shipping

tha bugman

I got tired of seeing everyone at the show toting one around so after going to the turkey shop 2-3 times I decided to get one and give it a try.  Mine is in Bottomland and has the feet on the bottom of the legs.  have not had much time to play around with it yet, but I do like the pocket layout.