OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

This season will be different for me!

Started by busta biggun, January 27, 2017, 10:51:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

busta biggun

Like everybody on this site, I absolutely love getting out in the woods and the first spring hunt is ALWAYS special. This year, and every year after, will be even more special. I wouldn't say I took these experiences for granted, but let's just say I have a higher level of appreciation now. Last spring my job was eliminated. They gave me a nice severance, and I was close to getting a job at another company. Right about that time, in July, out of nowhere, I was diagnosed with stage 4 head and neck cancer. This picture was taken the first day of my treatment. I will spare you the pictures of me at the end of my treatment, but suffice it to say, radiation and chemo on your neck is no fun. I ended up weighing less than I did in high school. Even though I am still having problems from the treatment, I am so blessed to be here. I had a clean scan and have been declared cancer-free, and have started a new job! I owe it all to the healing power of Jesus and my amazing family and friends. So as I get stronger each day, and spring gets closer, I have a tendency to move slower. Not because I am tired, but because I want to soak in every minute of life now. Every relationship I have, every blessing, every time I clean my gun, every memory of every hunt, etc. I just want to soak it in and savor it like a fine wine. I just wanted to encourage my brothers here; every bad moment that happens in life, gives us an opportunity to realize they serve a purpose. They are ALL part of the Lord's bigger plan, and these experiences make us all who we are. We are fighters, we are overcomers, and we are blessed! Get out there this spring and enjoy this amazing gift we have been given and don't sweat the small stuff! I hope this message is meaningful to somebody who needs to hear it today! Blessings to you all!

Bowguy

1iagobblergetter

Glad to here you are doing well now! I know from experience health is an easy thing to take for granted until a problem arises. I try to live everyday to the fullest and have strong faith. Life is precious and we have only a short time to leave our mark. I hope you have a great season this spring and wish you the very best.

BowBendr

God is so great to us !
I hope you hear 10,000 gobbles and have the best season ever !!

kjnengr

Glad to hear that you are making it through the cancer treatment.   :happy0064: 

I appreciate your post here for the reasons you mention.  Very often when times are good we don't reflect on things and take them for granted.  Sometimes we all need a wake-up call.

Greg Massey

God Bless you and a great story of living life...

ncwoodsman

Way to go on kicking Cancer to the curb and keeping such a positive attitude! Your words are very inspiring and heartfelt my friend. Wish you the best of luck this season and hope you have many more to come.

Muzzy61

God bless, and great attitude.  Good luck this season.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

busta biggun

Thank you all for your extremely kind words. BTW, I am the guy on the left.

Rzrbac

Thank God you are on the mend.  It's so easy to get caught up in life's petty circumstances and miss all of the blessings God has bestowed upon us!   Best of luck to you this spring!

Will

SteelerFan

Wow that's great!!!!!

...and you know what? You just made the 1st gobble I hear this spring that much more special.

RutnNStrutn

Glad you kicked cancer's butt!! Best of luck this season kicking some turkey butts!!  :icon_thumright: :fud: :gobble:

greencop01

Amen, God is great, and a line from Tom Kelly's Tenth Legion will have special meaning for you.... when that tom comes in half in, half out of strut " I'm glad I lived to see it one more time." God Bless and have a special Spring with the gobblers!
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

ddturkeyhunter

Every Day there is a Miracle, and every day is a new day. Thank god every day they come out with more new and better drugs to deal with that dreaded disease Cancer. You wow your battle now and I know you will enjoy even the simplest things in life that most of us still take for granted. Thanks for reminding all of us