turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gun Dipped

Started by kyturkeyhunter4, January 25, 2017, 12:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyturkeyhunter4

I got a old knight black powder gun my father gave me the camo is starting to wear off I was wondering if any of you guys know of any good places to get one dipped.

Borat

Don Mullins at Camo Solutions or Jim Crumley at Camo Enterprises.  Both companies perform very high quality services.

BowBendr

Quote from: Borat on January 25, 2017, 01:20:45 PM
Don Mullins at Camo Solutions or Jim Crumley at Camo Enterprises.  Both companies perform very high quality services.

X2 on Camo Solutions. Great attention to detail and a more thorough process. Don't send your gun to a dipper that just scuffs it up with a scotch-brite pad and dips it.

Gobble!

Quote from: BowBendr on January 25, 2017, 02:26:31 PM

X2 on Camo Solutions. Great attention to detail and a more thorough process. Don't send your gun to a dipper that just scuffs it up with a scotch-brite pad and dips it.

x3 two good options there.

WV Ridge Reaper

Ask for Tad
http://carolinagraphicenterprises.com

I've have had 3 dipped all done but different places..My last one was done by Tad from the link posted,I won't go any place else now.

Dr Juice

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on January 25, 2017, 06:25:52 PM
Ask for Tad
http://carolinagraphicenterprises.com

I've have had 3 dipped all done but different places..My last one was done by Tad from the link posted,I won't go any place else now
I hope you don't mind me asking, how much does that job go for? Does that include S&H? Are there any special shipping instructions?

Great job. Thx.

WV Ridge Reaper

$225 just break the gun down into pieces and ship it,when it's done he will call you for payment.

Just had a yeti cup done and I talked to him on the phone yesterday for payment info and he asked how my gun was doing..Stuff like that goes a long way with me

ncwoodsman

Quote from: Gobble! on January 25, 2017, 03:57:33 PM
Quote from: BowBendr on January 25, 2017, 02:26:31 PM

x3 two good options there.

x4 - I used Camo Solutions and Jim Crumley and they both did an excellent job.

fallsflight

How well does Don's application hold up?  I have a gun that has lost a ton of the factory camo from the wear of my hands when shooting etc.  Would like to get it re-done, but not if I am going to have the same thing happen again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Borat

Quote from: fallsflight on January 26, 2017, 05:57:11 PM
How well does Don's application hold up?  I have a gun that has lost a ton of the factory camo from the wear of my hands when shooting etc.  Would like to get it re-done, but not if I am going to have the same thing happen again.

I would argue that you won't find a dipped gun hold up better than Don's. I encourage you call him, but be advised he is a very thorough individual who wants to be certain you understand his process and are comfortable with timeframe that it takes to dip and cure the gun. That conversation in itself will often exceed an hour. He's a very straightforward guy and if he doesn't think you'll have a positive outcome, he'll tell you upfront.

You can reach Don during business hours at 870-266-3366.

fallsflight

Quote from: Borat on January 26, 2017, 06:03:42 PM
Quote from: fallsflight on January 26, 2017, 05:57:11 PM

I would argue that you won't find a dipped gun hold up better than Don's. I encourage you call him, but be advised he is a very thorough individual who wants to be certain you understand his process and are comfortable with timeframe that it takes to dip and cure the gun. That conversation in itself will often exceed an hour. He's a very straightforward guy and if he doesn't think you'll have a positive outcome, he'll tell you upfront.

You can reach Don during business hours at 870-266-3366.

Thanks for the quick reply.  It's my Waterfowl gun, so time isn't an issue now with the season being over.  I'll have to give him a call.  Thanks again.

Swather

If you consider a Cerakote, you might speak with Brannen Moss at Moss Firearms in Jasper, GA.  He went to gunsmith school and did an apprenticeship.  A fellow showed me a gun recently on which Moss did a Cerakote job, and I will get him to do my next one.

Yo can peruse his website for more info:

http://jasperguns.com/

Poleaxe

I chose with Camoclad over dipping.  It comes in precut strips for each part of your gun and if you watch the YouTube video while your doing it it's simple.  Take hair dryer to it after applying and the lines dissappear and if you ever wanted to remove it doesn't leave a sticky residue under it and can be reapplied.  $50 for the shotgun or $50 for rifle kit. 

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: Poleaxe on January 29, 2017, 01:22:23 AM
I chose with Camoclad over dipping.  It comes in precut strips for each part of your gun and if you watch the YouTube video while your doing it it's simple.  Take hair dryer to it after applying and the lines dissappear and if you ever wanted to remove it doesn't leave a sticky residue under it and can be reapplied.  $50 for the shotgun or $50 for rifle kit.

Care to post some of your handy work ?

Ozark870Hunter

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiSltr0o-jRAhXhq1QKHU2WDXoQFggcMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FUnitedFrontArmory%2F&usg=AFQjCNEZdEqA5UpzZtM2YfkvzyFTR1FQqA
I work for United Front Armory. We specialize in custom cerakote applications.
Feel free to give us a look. Reasonable rates and we guarantee our work.
As far as the weight of a cerakote process, it's very nominal to the fit and function of a firearm.

United Front Armory
Custom built firearms
Top quality cerakote applications
https://www.facebook.com/UnitedFrontArmory/