OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cracked Crystal Call

Started by callaway71, January 24, 2017, 05:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callaway71

This call got cracked last season. What's your thoughts on having it repaired? I can't tell a difference in sound since its cracked but I'm sure there is some. Thanks.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Send it to Lon, he'll fix it for you.  The crack will get worse with playing and spring weather.  Then comes moisture and poor quality sound.  Give him a call he'll fix you right up.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

1iagobblergetter

I'd have it fixed. If you hunt in moisture I'd think it could get into the call,plus it's a Lonzo why wouldn't you want to fix it..Lol..

Rzrbac

I've got a Crystal Mistress that did the same. David Halloran didn't seem to think he could fix mine.

1iagobblergetter

I had a call from a different callmaker that went flat (didn't sound right at all) he told me he could take the glass out once to fix or maybe twice at most after that it would be scrap.

callaway71

Thanks guys. I've made contact with Lon.

JLH

Quote from: Rzrbac on January 24, 2017, 06:02:01 PM
I've got a Crystal Mistress that did the same. David Halloran didn't seem to think he could fix mine.

WHAT?!?!?

I'm not even a call maker and I'm 100% positive if just the crystal is cracked, I could fix it.

Dr Juice

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on January 24, 2017, 05:59:37 PM
I'd have it fixed. If you hunt in moisture I'd think it could get into the call,plus it's a Lonzo why wouldn't you want to fix it..Lol..
Concur.

krm

Lon will take care of you - give him a call
Kelvin Morrison

wvmntnhick

Quote from: JLH on January 24, 2017, 06:37:02 PM
Quote from: Rzrbac on January 24, 2017, 06:02:01 PM

WHAT?!?!?

I'm not even a call maker and I'm 100% positive if just the crystal is cracked, I could fix it.

Some guys aren't interested in customer service either. There's a reason I tend to deal with certain makers like Mike Yingling, Mike Crook, Al and Josh and a couple others. The service has been top notch and they are quite accommodating. Not saying others aren't but I've not dealt with a lot of others. I've called a well known striker maker 3 times and left messages each time. Have yet to get a reply. Only time I get his strikers is when they pop up in the classifieds here. If someone doesn't want my business, I'll give it to someone else.

Also, my buddy had his crystal mistress take a spill and crack too. His still sounds just as good as it did before. The moisture may be an issue down the road but right now it doesn't seem to effect anything.

3bailey3

Just curious, how did I get cracked, dropped or did it just brake on its own?

wvmntnhick

Quote from: 3bailey3 on January 24, 2017, 10:18:58 PM
I'm not sure who you're asking but if referring to my post, I believe it was accidentally knocked off a shelf in his house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MG150

Lon told me even if I drop it and it breaks to send it back to him,can't ask for more than that.

Rzrbac

I have no idea how my call cracked. It was fine the season before last. My calls are always stored in my vest hanging in my closet.  I pulled it out last year and it was cracked. I don't recall any falls or drops, it's in straight down the center of the call. I think it makes it sound like it has a rattle.  Not sure what I'll do with it. I may send it back and see what happens.

callaway71

Quote from: 3bailey3 on January 24, 2017, 10:18:58 PM

Not quite sure but it was in my vest.  I assume something either put pressure on the call or I may have thrown something on top of my vest that caused it.