North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

2017 Spur Collectors' Turkey Tuesday

Started by davisd9, January 23, 2017, 12:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Quote from: dirt road ninja on February 19, 2017, 03:28:08 PM
You would have missed anyway.

Lol, one miss and I will never live it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirt road ninja

Rusty and I killed these two about an hour apart.

davisd9

My first Spur Collector entry:

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

davisd9

Had these toms 15 yards away not 20 minutes before this picture. Was in the woods and there was all kinds  of junk between us and they were surrounded by hens. They must have gobbled 200 times on the roost and watched them breed 7-8 hens at 15 yards. It is a hunt I will never forget. I have a suspicion that one is the young King before he earned a name and got on the hit list.

Bowguy

dirt road ninja

trkehunr93

Not a dead turkey but some dead turkeys walking!  This is from some road scouting on my way into work this morning, 7 longbeards, two are to the right out of the pic.  To the left out of the pic is a winter flock of ALOT of potential girlfriends.  Need to catch up with the landowner sooner rather than later. 

USMC0331

davisd9

A 4:00 on 2 yr old, probably the prettiest Tom I have ever killed. His colors just shined and he has a glossy look to him. Sported a 10" beard and 3/4" Spurs.

dirt road ninja

Rzrbac

This was a pretty special hunt for me. One of my good friends had been deployed for a year. Before he returned I was deployed for a year so we hadn't chased turkeys in over 2 years. No gobbling that morning but struck these birds mid morning. They came in to my right and he was on my left so I ended up shooting. I cut several times to hold the 2nd bird but he ran off. As we were retrieving my bird I told him I was surprised that I couldn't make the 2nd bird stay in place for a shot. I hit the call just replaying our hunt and bang, the 2nd bird sounded off down in the holler below us. Quick set up and here he came.

Bowguy

Pic from last year opening day NY. Went 4-4 on a rainy day. My buddy Bob's bird had 3 beards n it was the first time out w the Dawkins plastic pot. Donnie n Jrrodc were the other 2 shooters

Bowguy

Quote from: Bowguy on February 28, 2017, 11:22:09 AM
Pic from last year opening day NY. Went 4-4 on a rainy day. My buddy Bob's bird had 3 beards n it was the first time out w the Dawkins plastic pot. Donnie n Jrrodc were the other 2 shooters

trkehunr93

Last season, listened to another guy fool with this bird all morning, he gave up by 9:30.  I slipped over around 10 and he was flopping by 11:30.  Pays to not throw in the towel.