OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Your favorite Hobby

Started by Cutt, January 22, 2017, 11:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobble!

MK M GOBL

So after Turkey Season is over and I roll in to the next obsession...I am into Bowfishing & Bow Hunting, and when time allows I'll hunt predators, goose, duck, pheasant, grouse, squirrel, rabbit and do some pan fishing, bass and trout. In the meantime grow a garden, take care of a raspberry patch. When winter hits I mount turkey tails, spurs and beards. Do a bunch of hiking and biking in the summer.

and then it starts all over

MK M GOBL

born2hunt

I don't think a single day goes by in a year that I don't think about turkey season and look forward to my next trip out. I think that qualifies more in the lines of an addictive passion but it is what it is. I would say my hobby at this time is running my lathe building calls, which just makes me think of turkey hunting even more !!! My head is haunted with that perfect sounding hen that I just love trying to duplicate.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

wvmntnhick

Working a new squirrel dog is a blast. Weather becomes a factor and my business keeps me hopping in the spring and summer. When time allows though, I enjoy getting out with the dog and watching the light turn on. Even if you don't like squirrel or squirrel hunting, it's hard to argue with the work of a good dog.

njdevilsb

Guitar, golf, and ATV's are what I enjoy most outside of hunting.

littlebull

Right now I'm eat up with my puppy. He's a 4 month old brindle mountain cur named Boomer and every chance we get we in the woods. He's my first squirrel dog so it's been a challenge but I've learned a lot from him in just the short time I've had him.

:boon:
The old coon walks a late log

bowbird87

Duck hunting first and foremost. Spring turkey and bow hunting is a close second and trapping. I also enjoy collecting duck and turkey calls along with old pocket knives. Sports is also a big part of my life esp. college football (Go Dawgs). I also enjoy fishing for crappie, bass and limb lining big flatheads and golf.

Rzrbac

"Go Dawgs" is that a UGA reference. I'm a college football addict, Wooo Pig Sooie!  I enjoy trapping as well but I'm not very good at it. I just try to keep the coyotes thinned down on my farm.  It's a small farm so I don't run many traps.

Farmboy27

I enjoy long walks on the beach, fine wine, candlelight dinners, and knitting sweaters for cats. Oops! Wrong website! 

Gut Pile

I play lead guitar at a big church and my amp is always at 11.... But seriously I play a Gibson Les Paul through a number of great amps and at 52 I can shred faster than when I was younger / don't let anyone tell you that you are to old to shred / prolly put some telecasters together from prices parts his year on the side
about the best religion can possibly do, is maybe make you a nice person, where as a relationship with Jesus Christ can make you a new creation

docost99

I have been highly involved in youth baseball and softball with my kids and now at the high school level. I take time out of the spring baseball season for my allotted 7 day turkey hunt here in WI. I like to Muskie fish and ice fish for bluegill and crappies. I like to deer hunt with both the compound now and antique Savage 1899/99 lever action rifles

boatpaddle

PASSION

Turkey & deer hunting

HOBBY

Exotic birds/parrots.....
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

ferocious calls

Answering the phone and hearing from another successful turkey hunter who has harvested a bird or birds with my box calls. I love to hear thier story and the excitement in thier voices.

A guy called to order calls for his nephews and said last spring he used my boxes to call in 10 longbeards for himself and family. 18 states reported Gobbler harvests with the calls last spring. I love my hobby and answer the phone eagerly. Unless I am working a bird. The first day of the season is crazy with pics coming in all morning. Often I need to shut it down until out of the woods that day.lol

I love it!

Tom Threetoes

Turkey hunting is a lifestyle a passion! My Hobby used to be motorcycles and motorcycling, but since we bought our hunting property I spend most of my spare time working to improve it.

quavers59

I am a turkey hunting FANATIC! Beyond that, I love to read,lift weights, and practice martial arts--will be 35 years in March. I do miss teaching the arts and might get back into that.