OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Your favorite Hobby

Started by Cutt, January 22, 2017, 11:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

Inventing turkey hunting tools and practicing to be a rodeo clown.   I get bored easy.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

greencop01

Turkey Hunting, shooting, just getting into crossbows and the outdoors.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

tha bugman

Other hunting in general....I like making turkey calls and small carpentry jobs....but don't tell The Boss Hen on the latter hobby cause it may affect the former...

ol bob

Making turkey calls let it get more than a hobby for a while but I have taken care of that :camohat:

Cut N Run

Aside from turkey hunting, I deer hunt some, I fish from my kayak, I also do flint knapping (make stone arrowheads & spear points).  My wife and I take a couple of scuba diving trips each year.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Double B

I have really gotten into metallic cartridge reloading over the past few years.  It's an exacting past time that is very rewarding if you are patient.  And i got a chrono for Christmas!   I also like to get on the little rivers and creeks canoeing and fishing for smallmouth, spots, anything that bites....... I enjoy most any fishing. 

Other than that and obviously turkeying, I really enjoy deer hunting and took a very nice buck with crossbow this fall off land I had timbered and worked hard to make into a little honey hole with some help from family and friends.   That's alot of fun too, working in the outdoors to make some improvements.
Followed by buzzards

catman529

Aside from turkey and deer hunting, I like filming my hunts and running my YouTube channel, also like vegetable gardening, building and flying RC planes, and whatever else might catch my interest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamblinman

Spring turkey hunting is my prime hobby...the rest of the year chasing big slab crappie and giant bass.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Happy

Family first, turkey hunting second and bowhunting 3rd.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Rzrbac

Whether it's considered a sport or hobby, turkey hunting.  I recently got into elk hunting with my bow, if I ever experience more success, a bull will give a gobbler a run for his money!  I have only had one bugle really close, it's louder than a gobble!  It just seems like a lot of days of silence and hard work to have an encounter with a bull.  I enjoy bowhunting deer as well but it's nothing like calling in a gobbler.  I always thought elk would be kind of like combining the two and perhaps it is for guys who are good at both.

Bowguy

Quote from: MK M GOBL on January 22, 2017, 11:25:22 PM
Turkey hunting is not just a hobby... it's a lifestyle!!
I live, eat & breathe turkey, it's my second language.

MK M GOBL
It is a lifestyle But though turks have a special place that same life style applies to all the outdoor pursuits

Full strut

Arkansas flooded timber mallard hunting is first and foremost, but our pitiful 16 day turkey season is easily my second favorite

Ruger M77

I love hunting deer turkey and small game also like fishing with my 5 yr old son. But those things are above hobby status ha ha. As for a hobby I love scouting for deer and turkey as a public land hunter I'm always searching for the next public land hot spot whether researching on the web,looking at maps or burning boot leather if there's anything I like better than hunting its probably scouting. Nothing is better than burning boot leather in a new area looking for rubs,scrapes and turkey scratchins I could keep going but I better stop guess I'm weird haha
I eat therefore I hunt

Bowguy

Are crazy chicks considered a hobby?

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt