turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Your favorite Hobby

Started by Cutt, January 22, 2017, 11:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cutt

Just curious what everyone's favorite hobby is? I'm guessing the majority will say Spring Turkey hunting, as it has slowly taken over my number 1 hobby of bow hunting deer. I even got two nice bucks this year, one in PA and Ohio, but anymore I look forward to Spring Turkey hunting more, where years ago, nothing held a candle to my bow hunting.

We all have different interests fishing, golf, hunting etc. what's your #1 interest as in hobbies? And if it is Turkey hunting, did you have a favorite interest, that was eventually taken over by it? thanks

MK M GOBL

Turkey hunting is not just a hobby... it's a lifestyle!!
I live, eat & breathe turkey, it's my second language.

MK M GOBL

Greg Massey

My hobbies have always been the outdoors with fishing and hunting. I like gardening also....

lmbhngr

My kids and I hunt squirrel with pellet rifles. What a blast

VA_Birdhunter

Cutt.....for me first and foremost in my life is My Lord and savior then my family (wife and 3 little boys).   After that and with Gods grace and will I get to enjoy my hobbies and passions.    With out a doubt I'm 110% hooked, eat up, addicted, head over heals, live and breath it (I could go on  ;)) for turkey hunting with grouse hunting with my setters right on its hills.  I love everything about it buddy!   Just thinking of standing on a ridge top on a clear spring morning hearing and seeing the woods come to life with the thunder of a gobble gives me chills!!   Ive always liked fishing...for years all I did was fish the rivers with my dad.  Then in 2005 my dad got a bass boat and we started hitting the lakes some then after he passed last year and my mom gave me his boat and I've been trying to learn more about lake fishing and have really enjoyed it.   Lord willing I'm going to hit the lakes around my neck of the woods several times pre spring gobbler season for small mouths....plus I'll get to listen to some early gobbling before season while sitting on the lake.....that's a win win!  God bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

beakbuster10

I know it's sounds cliche, but it wouldn't do justice to call hunting a hobby. It's not just something I do. It's dang near the level of breathing and we all know it's above eating and sleeping.

If I had to give a hobby I'd say archery. I shoot bows to hunt not stick foam or paper for sport, but I also really enjoy tuning and maintaining my bow along with a lot of my buddies. I do everything except build my own strings, and I'll probably get into that down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BowBendr

3-D archery is my hobby
I love tuning and setting up bows, building arrows and shooting. The mental side to a high level of shooting clears my head and makes the grind of life go away for a while....

appalachianassassin

turkey hunting is not a hobby, its a sport... my favorite hobby is beekeeping... my favorite sport is turkey hunting, and like any self respecting American, I like sports better than hobbies.

paintbrush

Woodworking for a hobby. Hunting and fishing are a passion!

maytom

Spring turkey hunting and fall bow hunting for deer are my favorite two passions in the outdoors!!! Hobby wise, I combined two passions, woodworking and turkey hunting, to make very unique displays that show off your prized collection of beards, spurs, and fans. :gobble:

Spitten and drummen

I would say my favorite hobby is collecting turkey calls and my favorite sport is spring turkey hunting.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

WildTigerTrout

My two favorite outdoor pursuits are turkey hunting, both spring and fall and fly fishing for trout.  I sometimes do both on the same day in May.  I also enjoy tying my own flies and handmade leaders.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Swampchickin234

Turkey hunting  and duck hunting are tied, and as previously mentioned, could not be considered hobbys, as they are truly lifestyles.  I thank god that the seasons do not overlap.   My hobbies are reloading, tinkering/grouping/patterning guns and rifles and fletching arrows and wood working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bagg-it Tag-it

Duck hunting, camping, hiking, golf, and travel.

Bagg-it Tag-it

Of course those are the things other than turkey hunting